Marvel/DC A New Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techk and Mariza; Mistaken identity

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Techk and Mariza; Mistaken identity - Page 2 Empty Re: Techk and Mariza; Mistaken identity

Post  Nightmare696 Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:38 am

She would look at him oddly, "Ugh...not really no...i could not speak your people's language when I first arrived here. I was taught here by the MIB who took me in."

Nightmare696
Nightmare696

Back to top Go down

Techk and Mariza; Mistaken identity - Page 2 Empty Re: Techk and Mariza; Mistaken identity

Post  Deciltor Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:56 am

Techk chuckled, then adjusted his talking speed to be a bit slower for her, but not insultingly so. "I see, you're not the first person to come here not knowing the language. At least these MIB folks seem nice enough to teach you properly. There are a lot of ignorant people in the country who would-" He slowed down to a crawl and spoke to her as if she were stupid for emphasis. "-talk like this to you, as if you were stupid."

He returned to his previous speaking speed. "Which, quite frankly, is an embarrassment that some people think that everyone's brain works on English and if they speak to you like a moron, you'll understand them." He concluded rolling his eyes.

"What people sorely need is education, and I try to do my part as a professor at the Academy."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:55 am

She smiled, holding her hands together shyly like a little girl as she nodded. "I'm still getting use to this new life here...everything...soo different." She smiled again, "But in a good way."
Nightmare696
Nightmare696

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:26 am

Techk gave her a warm smile. "Yeah, I had to get used to life here all over again after my little accident a few years back. I see things very differently than I used to and while I miss what I was like before, I don't regret what happened now. It's good that you like things in this country, it's not the greatest but it does have it's good points."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:57 am

She smiled as they continued to walk down the street, watching in front of her as she walked not really looking much at Techk. She was enjoying the talk they were having and their similarities. She didn't say much, coming off as shy. "To be honest...i haven't still gotten out a lot. Could you...show me around?"
Nightmare696
Nightmare696

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:35 am

Techk gave her a look of bemusement. "You must not get out of the office much eh? I didn't really know my way around much when I moved here from Canada. Come on, I know a quaint little bistro nearby, get some sandwiches to eat while we walk." He said leading her down the street.

After a few blocks they approached a small little restaurant with outdoor seating. As they walked in he gave the clerk a wave. "Hi, I'll have a pastrami and corned beef with havarti on rye, with green peppers on the sandwich as well please." He turned to Mariza and asked "So, what'll you have? I'm showing you around so I'm buying." while gesturing the chalkboard with today's menu on it on the wall behind the register. ((Go ahead and order whatever you like I'm too lazy to write up a whole menu tonight xP))

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:39 am

Mariza would look at the menu , skimming it than simply ask. "Do you serve fish?"
Nightmare696
Nightmare696

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:46 am

The clerk would nod and suggest a smoked salmon on sourdough. Techk agreed and when asked how he would like to pay he responded with "You know, I've always liked paying with debit, it's almost as if.." He snapped his fingers and a debit card appeared in his hand, although it was almost imperceptible that the card in fact came from his hand and wasn't just an illusion.(you would need to be watching his hand very closely and be able to see with super human ability) "It's money coming from thin air." He finished with a smirk before paying.

After getting the sandwiches and they headed out the door, he paused and shrugged. "Actually, do you want to sit and eat? I find it's better for digestion." He suggested, motioning to one of the tables outside with two chairs.

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:56 am

Mariza's eyes would light up as she watched his hand shape into a debit card, "THATS INCREDIBLE!"She shouted with excitement. She giggled, nodding as she covered her mouth realizing how loud she was before heading out the door with their food. Once seated she smelled the sandwich, "Mhmmmm.....fish." She said before taking a huge bite out of her meal.
Nightmare696
Nightmare696

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Techk chuckled bemused at Mariza's actions. "Seems you quite like fish, do you happen to have a favourite kind to eat?" Techk asked before taking a bite of his sandwich. Techk pulled a face for a moment before regaining his composure and putting it down. "I keep forgetting things don't always taste like they used to since my accident." He offered in explanation. "I'll try again in a few minutes and see if the taste is any different."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:54 am

Mariza would shake her head...."Not really...but earth fish sure is tasty." She continued to eat.
Nightmare696
Nightmare696

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:21 am

Techk raised an eyebrow at that comment about earth fish. "Using the basic 4 elemental properties to categorize fish eh? How very new-age eastern of you. I must admit that I'm partial to shellfish. Crab, lobster, clams and oysters, all them a wonderful gambit of flavours, textures, and so many interesting ways to use them in meals."

Techk appeared to run his tongue around the inside of his mouth before taking another bite of his sandwich. After swallowing he muttered "Eh, close enough now." under his breath looking at the sandwich before taking another bite.

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:23 am

Mariza would blink..."Uhhhh...sure?"
Nightmare696
Nightmare696

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:20 am

Techk looked up at Mariza. "Hmm? Oh, I was trying to make my taste buds work properly so this sandwich would taste the way it should. It's taken a bit of effort to get anything to taste like it should anymore."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2