Marvel/DC A New Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Day For Training: Shuriken

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Day For Training: Shuriken Empty A Day For Training: Shuriken

Post  Deciltor Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:34 pm

Two days after Typhoon and Shurkien's training session on the lawn, Shuriken would return to his room after getting fresh coffee only to find his sword missing with a note pinned to his wall.

Greetings Kira Oyama, or should I say, Subject 12?

I happened by your room on a routine tour, and noticed you had left your sword behind on one of your many many many trips for fresh coffee. After examining it for a short while I decided that I simply had to test it out. I certainly hope you don't mind.

I've been watching you of late, and I see great promise in you, however your style is lacking.

If you wish your sword returned to you, meet me in the danger room.

~Agent T

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

A Day For Training: Shuriken Empty Re: A Day For Training: Shuriken

Post  Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Shuriken would go into his room and look for his sword for training. Upon seeing the note Shuriken would drop his coffee and run over towards the Danger Room saying "Someone just wrote their name on their own tombstone!" After entering the room Shuriken says "Where are you!. Whoever you are If you don't give me back my sword I swear I will turn you into sushi! Whether your Typhoon or The Machine!" Shuriken would look around for the thief trying to find him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://marvel-dcanewday.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:58 pm

As Shuriken looked around for the thief, a man in a black suit and tie, with dress shoes and white gloves walked out from the shadows in front of him, walking from the right side of his vision to the middle of it. He was inspecting Shuriken's blade and running his thumb along the back of it. "This is a very nice blade you have here Kira, except there is one problem with it. It's dull, like your fighting style."

Turning his head to look at him, Shuriken would see a bald man wearing dark sunglasses with a scar across his lips. "You want your sword returned to you now? Very well then. Draw your blade and come at me. I shall teach you what it means to be you." He said with a raised eyebrow, implying a slight sense of amusement at Shuriken's lack of weapon. "If you can best me with your sword, then you may have your sword."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Techk would notice while he had the sword that it was also coated in adamantium and thus with Shuriken the 2 would be worth 12 million dollars. And seemed to be in good shape as it was frequently polished and also used quite a lot.

Shuriken would assume that someone was using the Danger Room to produce this man saying "Ok fine if you want to play. Then lets play. You say my technique is dull then we shall see if your right." Shuriken would ready 3 scales and run up toward the one with the sword jumping and throwing the 3 scales to make it seem like an attack but would wiz by him last second. Using the distraction he would throw 3 more scales at the guy saying "Made you look asshole!" but they miss (Techk decides how.) Shuriken would then go with a barrage of 6 attacks that fly at the guy (assuming its Techk.) which hit only 2 times for 0 damage as it would hit the person in the right shoulder and right arm and should it be Techk it would clearly destroy a few of the bots hitting them dead on. Shuriken would ready for any counterattack from the other guy by getting into a martial art stance.

((This is the martial stance of Kenjutsu unarmed from what I can see))

A Day For Training: Shuriken Untitl12

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Agent T (Yep he's Techk alright.) didn't even look away for the first attack, and then didn't move as the scales seemed to pass right through him, making his appearance flicker between his form and nothingness for a moment by activating and deactivating his active camouflage the moment they would have struck him. He nonchalantly rotated his right arm as if he barely felt a thing, cracking his neck he added "Perhaps I wasn't clear. I said draw your blade. Or do you need to be told how to?"

He then entered into a fencing stance, intent of deflecting any of Shuriken's attacks coming at him and if Shuriken decided to go into melee with him again without a sword, he was going to smack him over the head with the hilt of the sword. His free hand in his pocket, clearly not taking Shuriken seriously. "Ready to try again Kira?"

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 pm

((Shuriken Hp = 8/8 Wp = 8/8 ))

Shuriken would say "I would if you did not already have my blade! so for now you will have to suffice with my scales!" Shuriken would then say to himself "Ok so you either use some kind of intangibility or your a hologram." Shuriken would throw a scale at the guy missing. ((Techk decides how)) He would then call his scales he launched at the guy to him which also missed. ((Techk decides how)) Shuriken would then use all the scales on his arms, chest and face to create a barrier of blades around him shredding his shirt and jacket off. He would then say "This might hurt. I'd ask if you were sure you didn't want to give up. But that would mean I did not want to kick your ass." Shuriken would then run at the guy and jump over him firing 4 of his scales as he went and 4 more on the jump. This attack combination hit 4 times 2 glancing blows at the left leg and right side of the face for 0 damage and 2 actual hits in the back and left shoulder blade for 0 damage. Shuriken would then crouch down and grab 2 scales from his legs lifting up his pant legs and throw them at the guy while crouching. These would hit for 0 damage each managing to damage 2 more bots. Techk would notice that all the strikes that were done onto him were all hitting non vital areas of the places they hit and would only cause some bleeding. Techk could tell Shuriken was holding back something. Shuriken would say "Try no selling that attack smart ass!" as he would stand up and wait for the guys response.

((Shuriken is just spamming those things  lol! ))

((Techk Hp = 7/7 Wp = 7/7 ))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Techk merely swished the sword to the side as the scales came at him, sending them on their way behind him. "A hologram could not do this." he stated coldly with a frown, as the scales came back behind him, he twirled the sword in his hand and deflected them harmlessly again, effortlessly defusing his surprise attack.

As Shuriken charged him and did all of his attacks Techk just stood there with a disappointed frown. Turning his head slightly to look back at Shuriken. "You're disappointing me, Subject 12. You didn't even attempt to debilitate me that time. Flesh wounds? Really? Come on now and give me your best shot." As he said this he made a show of taking off his glasses revealing very bright blue eyes filled with anger. "Once you fail with that too, then I will teach you your lesson."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:36 am

Shuriken would then say "Fine then smart ass prepare to die!" He would recall his scales, run right up to the guy and activate the Blade Storm a huge attack which makes all of his scales launch out and slash up anything in an area in this case the whole Danger Room. This attack would hit Techk 4 times for 0 damage Shuriken would now be only in the shorts of what was his clothes. Seeing that that did not even hurt the guy Shuriken would say "Unbelievable! It is like I'm fighting a ghost!" He would think for a second and say "Or someone who can't be cut!" He would then call his scales back to swirl around him to where Techk could barely see him and say "Ok if you want me to draw a sword then you got it! I'm not taking any chances!" He would take some of his scales and make a sword with no hilt but with the rod the hilt inserts into. Shuriken would then grab the blade and ready for the enemy attack saying "Huh! Ok lets see what you got!" He would wait in the swirling mass waiting for the other guys to attack.

((This is what shuriken made))

A Day For Training: Shuriken Katana10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:54 am

Techk grinned widely as he turned to Shuriken. "Finally starting to clue in huh? I'm pleased to see you finally drew your blade. Now let the lesson begin."

Techk then tucked the sword under his arm for a moment, and took his gloves off revealing black metallic looking hands. "Boy, you really need to learn how to take your skin off better than that. You've gone and ruined your clothing. Observe."

A swirling mass of what appeared to be black scales swarmed out from under his sleeves and re-wielded Shuriken's sword. He closed his hand with the swirling scales on the back of the sword and slid it from base to tip, coating it in the black scales effectively making it double edged. as he pulled his hand away a second slender blade formed. "Before you ask, no I'm not from them. I am, however, going to teach you how to use your power better in case they come for you again." Techk then rushed headlong into the cloud of blades stopping in front of Shuriken for the briefest of moments, before jumping high over Shuriken's head before he could react. "There will always come a time when you are caught without your sword. Which is why you must hone your blade." He said cooly as he came back crashing down toward Shuriken intent on planting his dress shoe into his face. The swords he now wields used purely to deflect incoming attacks from Shuriken.

(Yup, that's right, power emulation. It's not perfect, but it serves the purpose of freaking him the hell out. Twisted Evil )

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:09 am

Shuriken would listen to him talk saying "Yea cause your lessons have to be good right?" Techk would continue to talk and then attack Shuriken who would be ready for attack. As Techks foot fell Shuriken would block the attack with a platform that formed under Techks foot. Shuriken would then use the platform to push him away. Once he landed Shuriken would say "No. I would imagine not. Your just an annoying machine that delights in freaking people out. Makes sense why you did not want me to hold back, Because you can take it. So you know about all that huh? You think I can't handle myself? I already had contingencies for when I lost my sword you saw them. Had you been a normal guy you would be dead by now and it's not like making a sword could help me deal with you so what exactly am I learning? What exactly am I honing?" Shuriken would stand there and wait for a response.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 am

Techk had to chuckle at Shuriken's attempt to insult him, and gave him a wry smile. "Why, your blade of course. You think that it's a physical object? No. That would be too easy. Is it your power to which I'm referencing?" Techk snapped his fingers and the room was bathed in green light. Shuriken's scales would either fall where they were or return to his body. (whichever effect happened is up to you)

"Quite honestly Shuriken, the best blade you can ever hope to hone is your mind. To be resourceful when all seems stacked against you. No power, no sword, what is your first response? Flight? What if that is denied to you, what then, fight like a crazed animal cornered and foolishly die from a simple mistake in your combat stance? No." Techk would then walk up to Shuriken and bop him on the head with the butt of his sword in mild irritation. Not enough to hurt, but enough to make known his displeasure. "And so what if I'm not a normal person? Do you think we'll be fighting normal people? Since you've joined the academy how many normal people have you had to fight? A startlingly small few I'll bet. There will always be people out there who can either avoid or circumvent your power like I can. If you are on your own against them you need to think your way around the problem, not just rely on your typical two stab combo or your scales and their limited range. A well placed sniper round from one of those so called normal people while you yawn boisterously at a weaker foe would be the end of you. Using your skin without a second thought to where the scales are coming off of will open up a large number of openings to cripple or kill you. Your blatant weakness to a solid smack to the head while you're armoured can and will be exploited by any foe you fight that survives the first encounter, worse yet, if they spread word. That sniper could then be a team of them to hit you in the head repeatedly to concuss you to death. Ringing the proverbial dinner bell for the worms."

Backing up, Techk rolled up his sleeves to show that there were patches of normal skin strategically open under the black scales. "Being careful about HOW your scales come off and keeping the places they're missing from hidden provides you with an advantage of your opponent not knowing where you are unarmoured. Indeed Shuriken, I'm sure you can appreciate the implications should a skilled opponent see these openings and not fall prey to your parlour trick style of combat. The blade is your mind, the sharper it is, the more powerful you'll be."

Changing into his normal human form, Techk retracted the black scales and turned the blade around hilt to Shuriken. "Being proud of your abilities is one thing, being blind to the openings you leave for it is unforgivable in a combat situation. You must focus your mind less on what you know you can do, and more on what you might be able to do. That, Kira, is what honing your blade means. My accident literally destroyed everything that I was, and I had to rebuild my mind and body from the shattered remains. ...To limited success. The only reason I can stand before you as I am now, and not some mindless formless swarm of nanobots is because I honed my blade, and I can assure you at present mine is much sharper than yours."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 pm

As Techk talked Shuriken would listen and take what he had to say to heart. As the green light illuminated the room Shurikens scales would all fall to the ground. ((The green light stops all powers thus if they were out and about like in Shuriken's case he would be defenseless)) Shuriken would look around as this happened and as the sword he just made fell apart and the pieces fell to the ground.

He would continue to listen to Techk as he continued to talk but upon the bop Shuriken would say "Hey!" showing anger Shuriken would continue to listen to0 Techk still as he said every flaw that Shuriken has and explained how each one could be life threatening given how Shuriken composed himself as a cornered animal. As Techk backed up Shuriken would say "You were watching mine and Typhoons fight huh. Just so you know I never run. I always felt that that was beneath me. Lady Deathstrike did it often and it felt like a cowardly thing to do." Techk would continue his lecture Shuriken would continue to listen as Techk called his style a "parlour trick style of combat" Shuriken would show gret anger waiting until Techk finished his sentences and began to change to his human form before saying "Is that what you think of my style! I was trained as an assassin. To kill fast and efficiently if that meant using a dirty trick to blind a foe then so be it. Its not like I take sick pleasure in blinding people and do it for fun. I do it because that is the way I was trained to fight."

As his sword was handed hilt first Shuriken would grab it and listen to more of Techks lecture after hearing Techk finish up he would then lower his head and say "I never thought about what to do if I came across someone that could trump me like that. I just did what I felt I needed to in order to gain the upper hand. Whether it be by swordsmanship or the dirty tactics taught to me by Lady Deathstrike herself. It seems we are the same. Lost Souls who are looking for meaning. For purpose. Ever since I came here I have been able to show emotion for the first time in a long time. I was told that emotions were a hindrance and that without them I was a perfect assassin. Since I left I have been trying to distance myself from her teachings but it seems I can never escape her teachings. Hearing your problems makes me realize that her teachings are a part of me and that losing them completely is pointless. That making them my own and adjusting them to fit my new role in the world is the best way to find my purpose." He would look at Techk and after a brief pause and say "Just so you know I am not looking for Weapon Plus to destroy them or any spiteful thing like that. Several of my friends were all part of the experiments there. They took mutants from an early age and began turning us into weapons. I want to get there to release the subjects trapped in there. Still getting tortured and experimented on. That is why I went off on Skinless Man in an earlier mission." Shuriken would pause again for a bit and would continue to talk saying "So I guess the next lesson is to find out what I can do without my powers huh? Well then shall we get started. I'm always ready to train, and your regiment seems interesting." Shuriken would ready his weapons for the next round.

Shuriken would rush Techk stabbing his sword into Techks chest for 0 damage. He would follow up with a horizantal spinning sword swing that would have cut Techk in half had he been able to die via slashing damage but given he is not only did 0 damage yet again. Shuriken would jump up and stab the sword downward into Techks head dealing another 0 damage. Shuriken would plant his foot onto Techks shoulder and rip the sword out launching himself backwards. He would say to himself "Ok He wants me to think so think! He is immune to my blade so it will do nothing to just keep attacking him with it. He can hack machines, morph his body at will, Is made of metal. Wait! Metal That's it!" Shuriken would run over to the Danger Room walls (granted I do not know if this is accurate as they use holographic technology and I do not know if that requires electricity technology the way the shi'ar empire uses it) he would cut the wall revealing the wires and cords inside. Ripping one of them out by hand Shuriken would jam it into Techk and shock him for 2 damage (This is a weaknes to all robots in most cases so yea weakness means 2x damage) staggering Techk back. Shuriken would smirk and say "I think I found a way to damage you without the need of my sword. Or my powers." Shuriken would hold the wire in hand ready to shock him again. The Danger Room would say "All Weapons systems are down." Shuriken would just ignore the alert and stand there ready for a counter attack.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:34 pm

As the electrical shock ran through him, Techk let out a mechanical howl of pain from multiple locations. "Very good. That's using your blade. However I would not recommend doing that again. If I were to lose consciousness, it would be a far worse consequence compared to when you lose consciousness. The swarm that makes up my body would no longer be under my control."

Techk would keep his distance from Shuriken, his hands casually in his pockets. "So the question is, what do I do now? I can't engage you in melee and that's my strong point." His face then contorted into a cruel smile. ""Oh wait, I do have something I can do. Specifically designed to take out threats at range, and this place is a BEAUTIFUL setting for it." He held his hand open and a small gun appeared in his hand of peculiar design, almost looking like MiB tech. "Admittedly it's nothing super special, it's not a laser or anything, just my BASS CANNON!" He then fired it at Shuriken with a controlled burst.

After the blast is fired, Techk would spin the gun in his hand cowboy style and give Shuriken a grin before changing to his Hero form. "How about after we settle this we have a cup of coffee on me? I have a sack of coffee beans fresh from Columbia with our names on it." After saying that, a number of speakers appeared all over his body, and his hand not holding the pistol grew into a cruel looking three pronged claw with a very dangerous looking drill spinning in the center. The pistol in his hand grew into a large cannon that engulfed his hand. "Now then, are you ready to begin?"

(Something akin to this would happen then as he fired it at Shuriken: )

(skip to 38 seconds)

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:09 pm

(( Shuriken Hp = 3/8 Wp = 8/8 ))

Shuriken would be blasted back into a wall for 3 damage ((2 for what looked like a charged shot from the bass cannon and 1 for the subsequent slam into the wall. Given his scales were not on Shuriken did not receive any additional damage or negative effects.)) as he spat up blood and dropped the cord he would fall down landing face down on the floor. Shuriken would then get up wipe the blood off of his mouth while listening to Techk talk and say with a smirk "Never tried Columbian Coffee. Usually get the cheap stuff given how much I drink the stuff it's really all I can afford. Might be cool to try something different. I'm ok with not using the electricity as well. I would not want to risk anyone in the building by accidently releasing those guys from your control. But I still have a few "tricks" I can do with this cord." Shuriken would pick up the cord and put away his sword as he said the last sentence.

((This is what it looked like when Shuriken got up and opened his eyes as well as the music that was playing in my head while Shuriken went on his rampage))

Shuriken would close his eyes for a second to ready himself for the fight. Shuriken would then say with a sinister tone "Besides There is one more thing I can do that can hurt you!" He would open his eyes with a focused look to them and then suddenly dash at Techk at max speed for a human. At mid distance before he reached Techk Shuriken would throw down the cord causing a flash of light which blinded Techk. Using the time he had Shuriken got to Techk and would spin and kick Techk 2 times in the face for 1/2 damage glancing blow each as Techk would bob and weave. Shuriken would then in the same combo spin again for a sweeping jump kick to the face that would knock Techk spinning onto the floor for another 1 damage. ((Yes I did roll and all 4 attacks hit.)) Shuriken would then jump away from Techk back near the cord. Techk would notice that Shuriken damaged several bots that made up his face area with that combo of strikes. Many of the damaged droids were launched several feet away from Techk due to the force of the strikes. ((They are small I assume they are easy to kick away from Techk.))

Shuriken would then grab 2 sets of his scales one in each hand dealing 1 damage each to him as they sliced his hands open and would throw the first set so that the light from the cords electricity would reflect into the many eyes of Techk to blind him again. Shuriken would then run towards Techk and while running throws his second set of scales to hit the beam weapon on Techks hand causing it to shift out for a second. This would allow Shuriken to run up and attempt a feint attack punch to the face of Techk and follow up with a real punch to the stomach but Techk would notice the feint as he would recover from the blindness and would realize that Shuriken was setting up for a subsequent attack dodging it by shifting a hole away from it. Shuriken would then jump back in an attempt to avoid the drill/claw hand that Techk now had.

While Techk was trying to fully recover from the two quick succession blinding maneuver, Shuriken would then run along the wall Prince Of Persia style and leap over for a flying kick to the chest which hit hard for 1 damage as it knocked Techk on his backside. Shuriken would then draw his katana for the enemy counter attack in an attempt to try to repel the attack back at Techk unbeknownst to Techk. Shuriken would say in a taunting tone "You are dealing with one of the best fighters in all of Utopia. Lets see how you measure up." Shuriken would wait for his next opportunity to strike..

((Note without his scales protecting him Shuriken loses 4 Durability making him an 8 in Durability))

(( Techk Hp = 2/7 Wp = 7/7 ))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Techk paused visibly for a moment, as if something clicked over in the many machines in his system. "Opitcal sensors temporarily shut down, beginning echolocation and radar protocols. Spectral analysis of surrounding air composition activated." (Yup, he just went Dare Devil on this, and compensated for loud noises screwing with his ability to echolocate. Razz) Without fixing his face, he shifts his cannon arm back into working order, while the other arm is covered in whirling blades, the hand at the end becoming a long thin tentacle. "I see. You actually want me to go all out do you? Very well then. Let us commence the final lesson." As music starts playing aloud from him, a very low pitched noise could be heard by Shuriken, barely audible but piercing in nature, clouding his mind and making his vision blurry.

"When dealing with an enemy of superior martial prowess. There are 8 simple steps to dealing with him in a permanent manner. Step 1: Disorient the target. Ensure they do not have full control of their faculties. Step 2. Circumvent all forms of attack they may manage." As he said the second line his body seemed to twitch all over, and hair thin 3" long spikes came over his entire body save for the arm with the swirling blades.

"Step 3. Use the target's personality type against them. Step 4. Capitalize on all weaknesses that cannot be properly defended against that do not create new problems for the attacker. Techk quickly whirled around shuriken at a distance collecting the many scales in range to bring to bear against him wherever he decided to strike beneath the blows that landed, making him punch/kick into harmful spikes only to do no damage as he'd be hitting his own skin.

"Step 5. Knowing fear or not is up to the attacker, learn to use what you feel in either case. The defensive type is not always the coward." With this, Techk appeared to vanish using his active camouflage. Appearing in the middle of the following sentence among 9 other Techks (Hard light holograms I got my mitts on thanks to my little visit to Avalon Razz) surrounding Shuriken with their cannons pointed at him. "Step 6. Make the target ever unsure as to what happens next."

The sound reaches a fever pitch in Shuriken's head at this point, coming from all around him giving him an intense migraine. With an in sync chuckle from the Techks surrounding him as Shuriken no doubt shows signs of the white noise he's been pumping into the room during his entire list is severely debilitating him. "Step 7. Overwhelming force." Techk then fires all 10 of the cannons at Shuriken at once, in a criss-cross pattern at his limbs to render him helpless instead of killing him. The energy sources for the holograms being spent at that point and fading away until Techk seems to no longer be around. The music cuts off abruptly.

(This is the music playing aloud as he goes through his explanation to Shuriken)

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:34 am

Shuriken quickly realized that he would not be able to deflect that many attacks especially with his vision blurry and his mind clouded. Shuriken managed to dodge the first 4 attacks but the next 2 would hit with glancing blows for 1/2 damage each one in the left arm the other to the right leg near the ankle. The next attack would hit Shuriken dead centre for 1 damage. The next 2 attacks would also it for glancing blows for 1/2 damage each in the left shoulder and the left leg in the thigh. The last attack would hit Shuriken right in the right knee blowing right through it and breaking it causing Shuriken to cry in agony "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" falling to the ground. To Techks amazement Shuriken would stand back up huffing and puffing. It was obvious that Shuriken's body had reached its limit but he was still willing to fight. Shuriken would grab his sword and drag himself near the area he cut and would cut a pipe off from the inside the wall. Shuriken would say raising his new weapons in a fighting pose "Ugh! This isn't over! I will show you my fight is more than just a "parlour trick" to be mocked! The reason why I train is to push my body to higher limits. To be able to conquer bigger challenges. This is just another one for me to beat. I now have something to beat your new tactic! Lets continue!" Shuriken would close his eyes and meditate  listening for Techk's attacks and readying to counter attack him. ((Given that he did not attack means he can do 10 counter attacks.)) He would just wait for Techk's attacks defiantly.

((Looks like this is over but Shuriken is not giving up just yet. Cool))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:20 am

Techk let out an audible sigh, loud enough for it to echo throughout the whole danger room obscuring his location. Taking the acoustics of the Danger room to his advantage to hide his presence.

"What did we discuss earlier? You're now a cornered animal who is desperately trying to put up a tough act. I don't need to come at you, I just need to shoot you into that wonderful hole you cut and electrocute you to death.

You've entirely missed the point I was trying to make about your style. Your style becomes parlour tricks when you get cocky when you use them, taunting your foes and antagonizing them. Take me for example, did it help my case to taunt you to use your mind in a cryptic manner? Of course not. However I specifically did that for your education. And for the most part it has paid off. Your taunting and challenging of me while admittedly giving me a decent challenge just lead to me taking off the kid gloves to deal with you. Do not under estimate me Shuriken. I may not be the martial marvel like some, but I'm not above using my own dirty tricks to take someone out. I'm just not showy about it. I'm sure you'll agree that at this point I've successfully removed just about every advantage you had in this training session.

As for other things to work on, you don't treat your opponent with respect when you face them. Even an assassin knows to respect the dead and soon to be dead. I do not care if they don't deserve it, it is the warrior's way to be respectful to someone they deem an opponent worthy of fighting and killing.

I wanted two things of this lesson. First I wanted you to learn to use your blade. Second I wanted you to realize that your style, while effective, is rather monotonous at times, and you need to come up with other tactics or you'll soon find your effectiveness to be on a steady decline down a sheer cliff.

I must commend you Kira, you have indeed honed your blade quite a bit in just these few minutes, as well as added a few new things to your repertoire of skills. However.. this lesson is over. I have stripped you of all offensive capability, your body is shattered, and I will have to teach you Step 8 another time, seeing as you appear to be incapable of executing it nor listening to it currently. While personally I'd love nothing more than to teach it to you now, you're not in a mindset where you're capable of comprehending it. Drop the pipe, sheathe your sword, and submit to defeat in this case. There is no shame to be had in being bested by a teacher. Let's go have a coffee, possibly talk about some of the crap we've gone through to get a better understanding of each other, and get firefly to have a look at your leg."

A distinct sound of a gun loading could be heard, it's location sounding as though it was coming from his right.

"Or, if you really really insist on me finishing this with you, I can shred that sword arm of yours. I'd really much rather end this fight without further injury though. As I've said when we met, I do not enjoy combat and I seek to end it as quickly as possible."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Shuriken would give a grunt as he heard Techk end the lesson. He would sheath his sword and drop the pipe looking at Techk who was behind him and say "Fine." Shuriken would stand there and as Techk began to leave Shuriken would say "Wait! . . . What is the 8th step? I know I have no right to ask that but I would like to know none the less." Shuriken would stand there waiting for an answer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Techk shrugged at Shuriken's question. "Tell ya what, a week from now I'll hold another lesson specifically for Step 8, and go into it in depth. Be here at 5am. Lesson will start at 6am after coffee." Techk made to leave before looking back at Shuriken. "Well? Are you coming along? That coffee offer still stands you know, and we need to find Firefly so she can fix you up a bit. I want you in top shape for the lesson."

Techk would offer to help Shuriken get to the kitchen where he had a feeling Firefly may be found anyway, knowing her constant need for sweets to keep herself properly energized. After arriving Techk ushered Shuriken in before entering himself, making a B-line straight to the cabinets to find the container of coffee beans he placed in there earlier. Finding them he popped the lid off, taking a good whiff. "Damn it, it's just not the same without proper olfactory senses." He muttered before taking a handful and grinding them in his palm. Pouring the grinds into the coffee machine he set about starting it up.

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:50 am

Shuriken would nod to the proposal for another lesson saying "Yes . . . I will indeed attend the next lesson." once he heard the offer for coffee was still on Shuriken would say "There is no need to bother Firefly over this the med room is down the hall and Elixir is working today. But if you insist. I guess another scolding wont kill me." Shuriken would say to the offer of carrying him "I'm fine on my own." and try to walk on his injured leg but fall onto his face. Picking himself up Shuriken would grab his sword, make a "grunt!" sound and continue to walk propping himself against the walls to keep balance.

Once getting into the kitchen Shuriken would sit on a chair and watch Techk brew the coffee upon hearing the comment Shuriken would mention "I can imagine the torment you must be feeling with your transformation. Compared to you my training was lenient. My training happened for several years but ended when I left. Your incident happened in a sorter period but it will haunt you forever." Shuriken would sit there with his head down realizing he had probably just touched upon what he assumed was a touchy subject.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:34 am

"My incident.." Techk said aloud while watching the coffee brew. "The human body can only endure so much pain within a short period of time before going into a state of shock or simply going unconcious. While I wasn't awake for the entire process, there is data recordings. I especially find "Patient Daniel Karthan; Status: Healed" at the end of the report amusing in retrospect."

Techk poured the coffee and set a mug down in front of Shuriken, before taking a seat opposite him with his own. "You know, before my transformation I was pretty much a normal human, minus a rather weak, but useful, mutation. I wanted no part in the overarching struggle of supers and mutants and whatever else was running around. I was certainly not the fighting type, and I still don't actually enjoy combat as it is. I still wanted to help people though, hence my nanorobotics experiments. But as luck would have it right when i was at the cusp of completing the nanites and making them ready for public usage, the Mandarin attacked that lab in Stark tower keen on procuring my research for their own purposes. Needless to say it didn't pay out, and half of a city block worth of metal devoured later I awakened. In captivity."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Shuriken would listen to Techk as the coffee brewed saying "It seems the droids interpretation of healed is much different from ours." The coffee machine would finish its brew s shortly afterwards.

As Techk poured Shuriken a cup of the coffee he made and took a seat Shuriken would listen to Techk talk. Once Techk finished Shuriken would say "So you were thrust into an environment that you were actively avoiding. I'm guessing your power was very subtle for you to not be noticed as a mutant." Shuriken would pick up the cup and begin drinking from it saying as he was done the sip "This is very good. Thank you." Shuriken would then take a couple more sips and then say "Have you heard of the "Osaka Train Station Massacre" in Tokyo?" Techk would know of the incident as it was on the world news. ((From what Techk knows no one paid for a crime like that and the whole building people inside included were all blended into nothing but blood and small pieces of building.))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Techk nodded at the statement. "It is isn't it? Feel free to use the bag in the cupboard, plenty more where that came from. After reading your files I came to the conclusion that you had something to do with it. My power wasn't exactly unnoticed, but it was so minor in it's presence that the academy thought I didn't require their guidance, and Mr. Stark was kind enough to look the other way when it came out." Techk took a sip of the coffee and pulled a face. "Son of a.. that kick you gave me must have shifted the taste sensory simulator I have running. I'm picking up mint toothpaste instead of delicious coffee." Techk appeared to run his tongue along the inside of his mouth as his cheeks bulged from side to side. "There we go, reset the damned program." Bringing the mug to his lips again, he took another sip with a very satisfied look on his face. "That, is far, far, better."

Setting his coffee down, he gave Shuriken a sympathetic look. "You know, it seems we're quite opposite from what we were nowadays, you were trained as an assassin and now from how I've seen you fight you intend to draw all of the enemy toward yourself to protect your team mates. That's protecting life and not taking it like you were taught to. Meanwhile, while I do still hate to fight, post- You know what? Transformation makes me feel like I'm out of an 80s cartoon. Let's go with Transference. Post transference, I don't really have that much problem ending a life anymore. Once it happens to you I suppose it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Granted the part that I don't like is what happens in between, so I still avoid doing so whenever possible. However, if I am forced into a combat situation I will seek to end the confrontation as quickly as physically possible. Usually this involves either disarming them or killing them, whichever is easier at the time."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:33 am

Shuriken would listen to Tech talk until Techk brought up what the kicks did where Shuriken said "Yea I would imagine that it would taste better. I would imagine that toothpaste would taste horrible as coffee."

Shuriken would listen to Techk as he would talk about the changes each of them have gone through. After Techk finished Shuriken would say "Indeed. We have both gone through a trans . . . wait you were not transferred from one place to another. A better word for what happened would be converted. We converted in mentality and in form due to circumstance. I went from assassin to protector and you from scientist to disabler."

Shuriken would pause and stare at his coffee saying to Techk afterwards "The massacre is the reason why I chose to no longer allow myself to sleep. During a mugging I was knocked unconscious and when I awoke I was alone in a pool of blood and rubble. After that day I began drinking coffee to keep myself awake and I will continue to do so until I master this power. I'm guessing that you already know given you read my file but Beast said that my power stemmed from my skin shavings having tiny pieces of my brain matter in them allowing my brain to control and manipulate them like a wireless device." Shuriken would look to Techk. Techk already knew that Shuriken was found in the building in blood and grabbed by the x-men to save him from the MRD. Techk would also know from just noticing Shuriken that he was drinking coffee ever since he was taken in by Wolverine and his team. Techk would also know of the power Shuriken has from the files.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Techk chuckled at Shuriken's attempt to correct him. "That is a good point, but I was specifically referring to my traversing the border between life and death. That is my transference, not a distance traveled but a moving between a state of being. Conversion was what my body underwent, transference was what my mind had to endure. It wasn't exactly a complete success. Make no mistake Shuriken, I am a dead. What I do now is a sick parody of living." He shrugged in defeat and continued. "Yet somehow, I still exist. So I may as well make the most of it and actually do something useful. Aside from pursue my vendetta against Mandarin. That isn't to say that I know what's going to happen to me as time passes on, for all I know my mind and emotions could decay and I could become a truly unfeeling creature of destruction."

Taking another sip from his coffee, Techk looked Shuriken in the eye. "I don't sleep because it's dangerous to let my body run on it's own same as you. However thankfully in my case I don't require a constant stream of stimulants to do so. My 'brain' for lack of an easier term to express my mind's current physical state, is spread throughout my body in multiple separate instances. Backed up brains, if you will. Amusing that your brain is in your skin, while my brain is my whole body now yeah? Don't go thinking you did any lasting damage from those hits though. Like I said, backed up brains. I probably have at least 10 copies of my mind kept within my body to prevent data loss."

He raised his coffee mug in a toast. "So I suppose that a couple of time bombs like us should simply try to enjoy our peaceful moments while we can though eh? Never know when this fragile happy life will come crashing down around us in a world like this. Trust me I'd know exactly how that feels."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next