X-Men Xamples #1

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: X-Men Xamples #1

Post  Deciltor on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:54 pm

((Wow, lots of misunderstandings of what he said about the group in the first post, maybe these walls of text are a bit much? XD))

Techk nodded at Xavior, before he plainly stated "Understood. I'm still telling you though that if I ever run into the chance to take Mandarin down, I'm jumping at it regardless. I still owe him a murder for a murder." 

Techk then realized that Xavier told him that they would be doing an exercise in the danger room. He started giggling and clapped his hands together loudly before wringing them. "Are we going to fight the droids again in the Play Room? I do ever so love food that plays back. Or even the wall saws, or the other fun snacks in there. I'm allowed to eat some this time aren't I? I promise I won't strip the place bare when I'm done." He started gliding across the floor toward the room, raising his arms toward it wiggling his fingers. His fingers on his left hand lengthened and lost some of their hard and angular appearance, seeming to become like tentacles, while his right hand warped into looking like a large three pronged mechanical claw, clacking against itself as he excitedly opened and closed it. A second set of arms sprouted from his body ending in long sharp sword like blades. His excitement at the prospect of consuming some metal distracting him, his speech betrayed that fact in both his tone and his fragmented explanation. "Don't get me wrong, I hate fighting, and I'm not particularly keen on this whole leadership idea, but this place is like a buffet to me! Granted though, if someone were to come at me, I'd rather just kill them to save myself having to deal with them later. A dead enemy is one liable not to bother you again after all. I guess I'm saying I usually only fight in self defense. Fighting offensively with a team is going to be new to me." His gliding speed increasing and the points at the end of his robe bottom start flexing and changing position, shape, and length. As he almost tears apart the doorway in his haste to get in, he muttered aloud to himself. "I wonder if there will be any flame throwers this time, Nitrogen or Propane fuel always makes for the best sauce and spicing for a well crafted flame thrower."

Deciltor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:02 pm

"Leadership...fuck that...and why choose me to be apart of this team anyway? Your last mission nearly got me killed..."

Nyako crossed her arms, her tail wagging about. She was clearly still pissed that she got dragged into that last time...but the place gave her a home and clearly she must of been useful for something. 

She glanced at Techk "Ok seriously....what is wrong with this guy?"
Nightmare696

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jamwalsh on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 am

Nebula looked down with concern, he knew purposefully gaining noteriety would help enemies find him, and that's exactly what he's trying to avoid. not a good idea to become the poster child for mutantkind. I nominate Adam! he'd shout pointing at Typhoon as he dragged himself into the danger room.

jamwalsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Necelis involuntarily felt her body jolt up when Xavier said that they could not affiliated with any mercenaries. Of all the people in the room, Necelis did not move from her spot. She was always someone who kept to herself until her crime fighting adventure with Dusk whom she was fairly sure was a mercenary. She joined the academy in hopes of procuring a safe haven where she could be safe. She came with the sole intention to learn how to live in peace playing music, read poetry and maybe take up some hobbies. She didn't come here to learn how to use her powers to hurt others no matter what crimes they were responsible for. 

Necelis knew full well this would indeed be a training scenario to draw out their characteristics when working together as a team. Yet, she also knew what that would lead to. A life of running around like that just wasn't one for her.Lowering her head, she peered out from above her knees with her green eyes. She shut them for a moment before an image resonated in her mind. Biting her bottom lip, she would get up and join them. For some reason or another, she wanted to participate. She felt as though if she would join their team and went on these adventures, she would see him again. The masked stranger, dusk. She wanted to see him again, no matter what. 

She would walk into the danger room with a renewed conviction, she needed to prove her worth as a team mate. Squeezing her hand into a fist, she tugged down on her hat with her other hand trying to hide her mysterious smile. Her eyes looked at Adam's back as they entered the danger room. She had heard Nebula nominate him as leader. She wondered why but, she concluded it was for a good reason. Necelis would gulp and try to send Adam a telepathic message.

"Hey... I'm sorry I'm not very good at this fighting stuff, so do you mind if I rely on you?" Necelis said and as usual there would be a slight delay like sending a text message to him.
Dusk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:25 am

Adam jumped at the voice in his head as it was unfamiliar, then he turned to Necelis, who seemed to be the only one looking at him at that moment. 

"Sure I suppose. A skill like that could come in handy at avoiding a fight."

Adam smiled back at her, "I'm kinda surprised you'd come to me though honestly, but I'll do my best."

As they would walk Adam would slow to match pace with Necelis and whisper, "You know honestly since you got here I haven't heard your voice. Even if it was in my head. Thats quite the honor. So in return the favour by sharing a little I know to help you out in case I can't during this exercise  Shuriken is the best fighter here, probably, I would like to think I could handle him in sword combat, but beyond that I don't know. His social skills are a little lacking though. Nyako is the girl over there. She does have more of a visual appeal than the rest of us, but that shouldn't be your focus. She's fast, and deadly when she wants to be, however under that tough exterior she's a softy. Firefly is an interesting one. Honestly besides her friendly personality and useful arsenal of powers I'm not sure what to say. She still remains a bit of a mystery to me, but I'm sure she's trustworthy and nice. James is one of the more powerful mutants here. He may not lok it but I worry about having any kind of scrap with him. His personality is a little unpredictable and erratic at times, then he can be super calm. I don't trust him, but I don't distrust him either. Lastly is Techk, and besides my knowledge of robotics I don't know anything about him. He's probably the most dangerous one to me in this lineup, but he seems nice enough."

After the long explanation Adam would smile and continue, "Then there is you. Your Necelis, the shy one who has more potential than she lets on. She never talks except in your head, which I hear is a rarity since she has that notepad. And..."

Adam would lean in a bit closer and his voice would get a bit more serious, "...she deals with a mercenary. I'm assuming one who you had recently met and have no further affiliation with, but enough time was spent to make you worry when Xavier mentioned it."

Adam would smile at her, "Don't worry though I won't say anything. In fact I'd like to meet this person if you worry for them, they mustn't be that bad. Believe me head tricks are nice, but body language tells a person alot." He would smile at her, "So shall we show them what we can do?"
vinio2323

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Necelis watched as Typhoon came closer to him, she gulped nervously as she was a bit awkward when it came to verbal communication. However, she quickly became more comfortable the more she heard Adam speak. She listened closely as she tried to process all of the information about her team members. After hearing about Techk, she thought it was over but she was honestly surprised when Adam had made some notes about her as well. 

"Mhhf.." Necelis slightly turned her head away and brushed her hair over her ear as the two walked down the corridor. Her eyes flashed up a Typhoon wondering if he really meant what he said. However, in the middle of trying to compile the question into a telepathic message. Her train of thought was derailed by Typhoon revealing that she knew her little secret. Her eyes bulged out of her sockets, she felt as though her heart just popped out of her chest. Necelis put her hand on her chest as she exhaled and relaxed her shoulders when Typhoon had decided to keep it between them.

She turned her head to Typhoon after she gave it some thought. Squeezing her hand into a fist, she pulled it up close to her face as she looked at Adam with a smile. Nodding her head, she would send Adam a mental message.

"...Alright! Let's do this then! Thanks Adam, I feel much better after talking to you. I'll try my best hopefully I won't let you down." 
Dusk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jamwalsh on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:13 pm

James would chuckle to himself as he eaves dropped on typhoons hushed monologue through a portal. (the things some people think are secret) he thought to himself.

jamwalsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maltastarlight on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Firefly smiles and giggles at Techk after his rant and responds "Sure! Why not! Just give me anything with sugar in it." When Necelis wrote thank you and writes a smile she looks at Shuriken and says "I like her she seems nice." When nebula makes his comment she giggles and hands him a couple of cookies saying "All you had to do was ask." giggling she then says "Actually I was thinking that you would just teleport to the kitchen if you were hungry."

Firefly glows blindingly brighter in righteous anger after hearing Professor X's orders again she says in an unusually angry tone "YOU SAY YOUR NOT LIKE THE OTHERS WHO TREATED HIM BADLY AND YET YOU PURPOSEFULLY WORDED EVERYTHING SO IT SOUNDED LIKE AN ORDER! YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET HIM TO ACT LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BIENG AND EVERY TIME YOU USE AN ORDER YOU PUT HIS PROGRESS BACK WEEKS! STOP FUCKING WITH SHURIKENS HEAD!!!" Firefly then flies into the danger room after Shuriken. As she flies away she says angrily "Professor X and Cyclops both have to be ordering idiots."

Firefly hears Typhoons conversation with Necelis but chooses not to respond to it. Instead she flies beside Shuriken and says "Shuriken are you okay. He didn't mean to make it like an order. Well not that kind anyways. You can still act like yourself." She says looking kind of sad.
maltastarlight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:15 am

((Man Droid 1 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 2 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 3 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 4 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 5 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 6 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 7 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 8 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Turret Droid 1 hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Turret Droid 2 hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Turret Droid 3 hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Turret Droid 4 hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Laser Turret hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Bullet Turret 1 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Bullet Turret 2 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Bullet Turret 3 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Bullet Turret 4 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Bullet Turret 5 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Bullet Turret 6 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Bullet Turret 7 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Bullet Turret 8 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Flamethrower Turret 1 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Flamethrower Turret 2 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Flamethrower Turret 3 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Flamethrower Turret 4 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Cryogenic Turret 1 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Cryogenic Turret 2 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Cryogenic Turret 3 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Cryogenic Turret 4 hit 0 times out of 1 times))

((Professor X principle of the year Laughing ))

((This is what Shurikens voice sounds like when in this kind of a state he may not necessarily use the words in video))

Upon Typhoons conversation Shuriken would respond saying "I will fulfill the mission get in my way and you will be cut down. Simple as that." Typhoon would notice that Shuriken seems off as if he had lost all the sarcasm that made him who he was and had become somewhat soulless in tone . (See video above to see what tone I am talking about) Typhoon would remember of one time that he was like this before now which was back at Mt Wondagore.

Professor X says to Decilitor as he states his intentions to devour the Danger Room of its weapons states "Beast has installed a self repairing system to the danger room.. You can destroy it all you want as it will repair itself in a day. The technology that resides in you is very similar to the technology that The Danger Room uses now."

Professor X following Firefly's comment just places his fingers on his head and says "I will have to be sure to not incur her wrath again." When he sees everyone enter the Danger Room he then proceeds to the Observation Room and goes near the controls. He begins talking into the microphone which allowed everyone inside the Danger Room saying "Alright everyone for this training exercise you will be grabbing a data disk from a MRD high security vault. The vault is made of adamantium and has an mutant power dampener inside so there is no way for you to get the disk inside without deactivating the 4 pillars that power the power dampener and/or opening the vault door from the control room provided in the simulation. The enemies will continue to spawn in waves and the room has defense systems in place to deter you. The simulation is done only when you either get the disk or one of you is unable to continue. The system will not mortally wound you just incapacitate so you are all safe from extreme harm while in here. Using this system will determine who will be the leader of this team. Good luck everyone."

Shuriken then says "Understood. I will get the disk. Nothing will get in my way."

Professor X after hearing that pulls the lever to activate the Danger Room. The Danger Room then summons pillars and blocks around the room. It then summons 8 droids (they can take 2 damage each) along with 4 droids that are a lot like ED 209 only bigger. (They can take 4 damage each) The room also brings forth 4 types of traps at this moment 1st are the security turrets that can fire bullets like a minigun mounted on the walls, 2nd are several cryogenic turrets that freeze any physical surface mounted on each pillar, 3rd are flame throwers that shoot gouts of fire and are mounted upon the ground in selected areas. and the last one is a single laser turret placed above the vault. (All turrets save for the laser turret can only take 1 damage while the laser turret takes 4 damage to take down) They all surround you and prepare for combat (your team gets the 1st move but suffice to say you are all together back to back to back)

((Here is the map))

((Sorry forgot to put in the control room so I had to edit the map. Techk you will need to go in there to get into the vault))

(( Neb = Nebula, Fi = Firefly, Te = Techk, Sh = Shuriken, Ny = Nyako, Ty = Typhoon, Nec = Necelis, La Tu = Laser Turret, Bu Tu = Bullet Turret, Fl Tu = Flamethrower Turret, Cr Tu = Cryogenic Turret, Ma Dr = Man Droid, Tu Dr = Turret Droid, Black Square = Crate/Cover ))

Shuriken says "Beginning mission." and charges Man Droid 1 and 3 and slashes at Man Droid 1 dealing 1/2 damage as the droid narrowly dodges by jetting back and only receiving a glancing blow he then runs and stabs at Man Droid 3 who also narrowly dodges and receives a glancing blow of 1/2 damage Shuriken then waves his arm toward each of them shooting scales at them dealing 1 damage to each Man Droid he attacked earlier and knocking them onto the ground. Shuriken finally uses a single scale while the droids were on the floor throwing it into the barrel of Cryogenic Turret 1 for 1 damage and making it so that the next time it fires it will explode damaging the pillar for 2 damage (Note the pillars can take a grand total of 8 damage) Shuriken would then say in his monotone "Hmph! Pitiful." before readying himself for enemy counter attack.

((Are you guys ready to rumble Cool ))

((Necelis hit 0 times out of 34 times))
((Nyako hit 0 times out of 22 times (character needs an update needs 56 points total)))
((Typhoon hit 0 times out of 31 times))
((Firefly hit 0 times out of 6 times (character needs an update needs 56 points in total see character creation guide)))
((Nebula hit 0 times out of 14 times (character needs an update needs 56 points total)))
((Techk hit 0 times out of 30 times (character needs an update needs 56 points total including racial bonuses one only gets 60 if they also have a class)))
((Shuriken hit 0 times out of 32 times))

Last edited by Admin on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://marvel-dcanewday.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:37 am

((Hold up taking a race confers zero bonus points? I was under the impression they were points added on, not points you would get forcibly allocated instead.))

Techk had reverted to his standard hero form when they had gathered in the room as he began listening to the briefing. He chuckled aloud at the mention of the regenerating room. "So after the last time I let loose in here you guys saw your way clear to fixing such a problem huh? Ah well, doesn't matter to me, a buffet is a buffet."

He finished listening to the briefing and watched as everything was deployed and put into place. "Scanning. Tactical situation threat level minimal. Suggesting deployment of available resources. Uploading." Could be heard in binary.

Techk tilted his head to one side then the other as if cracking it. Without turning to the rest of the group he looks to the vault and says, "Upload complete. Everyone I have a suggestion so listen close and listen well if you're on board. Shuriken's already got the right idea to start hostile, but we need to target prioritize. Shuriken stop being a robot that's my job, you're on float for this session. This means I would prefer you to back up anyone who seems to be becoming over whelmed rather than act as an independent force. Typhoon you're fast and have robotics knowledge. You disable the turrets as quickly as possible. Nyako your teleportation and claws will be of great use against the smaller droids but that laser turret is going to be a problem. Break that quickly then you're welcome to destroy as many of the smaller droids as you wish. Nebula your portal networking capability will allow you to cause the gun droids to hit themselves in the crossfire. Use this to the utmost advantage and eradicate them that way then focus on the pillars. Nobody is going to be able to get inside the vault without being unable to get out at present so don't try to just go right on in you'll wind up trapped and we don't know what is in the vault aside from the data disk. Necelis your telekinetic capability would best be used to damage the pillars by any means necessary from here, as ranged damage to them is preferable to attempting to reach them by foot. Of course this also means that Firefly should be hammering the pillars from here as well. You both have defensive barriers so use them if required and request assistance. Those pillars need to come down. Waves will refresh from time to time so we cannot afford to ignore our surroundings for any length of time. If you're going to follow my advice keep watch for your targets to resurface then engage. I'm going to be Plan-B. I'll be the least affected by the dampener, so I'm going for the vault to try and crack it open."

Techk then melted and collapsed to the floor and began flowing across it quickly as a liquid moving erratically back and forth as it headed for the vault in an effort to dodge incoming fire. "Evasive maneuvers engaged." As he approaches, Techk scans the vault for any seams in the door he can use as a point of entry and if that yields nothing will attempt to consume enough of the adamantium to create a small hole in the door to gain access to its inner workings.

Deciltor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 am

Typhoon look over at Shuriken as he ran right into combat, "Well he's less a team player than normal today."

After Techk's explanation Typhoon would immediately disappear into thin air, "Okay see ya on the flip side. Feel free to holler if you need me Necelis, I'll get there faster than u can blink."

Typhoon would run after the bullet turrets first considering the range on the flamethrower and cryogenic ones were probably shorter. And as big a threat as the laser turret was as long as everyone paid attention it was actually less threatening than being surrounded by gunfire.

Typhoon would run around the edge of the chamber attempting to hit every turret as he ran by ending back over near the laser turret. Which he would toss his little robot into. It would attempt to hack the turret to drive it as a personal gun.

Last edited by vinio2323 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
vinio2323

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jamwalsh on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:48 am

Oh Nooo. Nebula said as he realized Techk's strategy. Even with everyone giving 110 percent in there roles he couldn't see more than one aspect that provided any margin of error (that aspect being Shuriken). Additionally, Nebula had seen adamantium alloy in action before and knew that it is literally indestructable, and if they were to force the door open they would have to do so without breaking it.

sir I'd like to revise the strategy said Nebula. Cease fire on the guns and laser, focus fire on mandroids and pyro I've got plans for the guns. also, Sephora should help you force the door.

Nebula would walk towards the vault sending portals into the barrels of each gun and laser, as well as surrounding the pillars.

jamwalsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Nyako would smirk as she grew her oversized claws, "heh...time for some fun." She would teleport, slashing and tearing out the inner wires and whatever would shut down the droid and than move onto the next within seconds while doing the exact same thing.

(i am going to try and update Nyako to the most current point system b4 you get your chance to post now.)
Nightmare696

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maltastarlight on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Firefly would look with a worried expression in the direction of Shuriken before getting ready to do her job. She tosses away her empty cookie bag and pop can then looks over at Necelis and smiles saying "Well. I guess were working together. How about I take the left and you take the right. If one of us is done before the other we'll come help the other out ok? Lets get to work." Firefly the starts concentrating her powers and starts trying to charge up half way to disintegrate the pillars with her powers. She then starts disintegrating the pillars and putting up a light shield to deflect any attacks coming her way. She also makes sure to check on Necelis to make sure that she is ok.
maltastarlight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jamwalsh on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:47 pm

((let's get this goin man where's Dusk?))

jamwalsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:33 am

((Man Droid 2 hit 1 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 4 hit 1 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 7 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 8 hit 0 times out of 2 times))
((Flamethrower Turret 1 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Flamethrower Turret 2 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Pummel Droid 1 hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Pummel Droid 2 hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Cryogenic Turret 3 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Cryogenic Turret 4 hit 0 times out of 1 times))
((Pillar 1 hit 8 times out of 8 times it is now destroyed))
((Pillar 2 hit 0 times out of 8 times))
((Pillar 3 hit 2 times out of 8 times))
((Pillar 4 hit 0 times out of 8 times))

((Interesting Strategy but you know what they say about best laid plans))

Professor X would not respond to Techks comment watching the team ready themselves for battle he observed from above looking for something from these students.

Shuriken would respond to Techks order by saying "Stay out of my way!" as he continued to attack the pillar noticing the enemy was unable to get up. Shuriken would strike the pillar 2 times with his sword and deal 2 damage to it following up with a barrage attack with his scales dealing 4 damage to the pillar. Shuriken then waits for the Cryogenic Turret to fire at him Shuriken shooting another scale towards the man droids hitting them both for 1 damage and making them explode. Once it does Shuriken would begin to run for pillar 2 with his sword at the ready shuriken would fire another scale at Cryogenic Turret 2 in the same spot dealing 1 damage to it. Shuriken would then draw the attention of Man Droid 2 and Man Droid 4 by firing 2 scales at them hitting both of them for 1 damage and making them turn towards him. Shuriken would then follow up by releasing another scale at the droids missing them as they dodged the attack. Shuriken would ready himself for a counterattack.

The Fire Turrets use their one attack on Techk who dodges effortlessly (I counted you intentionally dodging as readying for a counter attack.) Techk would notice a very small seam that he could barely wriggle into in his melted form. He also noticed that the seam only allowed him to get inside the vault and nothing more thus he could not open it this way. (it will take a full round action to pass through it as it is a very narrow seam) As Techk would send one bot inside to check it out he would see what looked like a woman made of machine parts inside he would know it was Danger inside.

((Danger))

Danger would immediately upon seeing the bot would punch it into the door making a panging sound that all could hear as her fist hit the door at high speed Techk recieving 1 damage for being hit at all (when it comes to Techk if any part of him is hit it does damage but the damage does not stack per bot hit so example if it hits 1 it does 1 damage if it hits 1000 it still does 1 damage just so we are clear ok) the vault door would begin to make some panging sounds over and over that all could hear Shuriken would look over wondering what Techk activated (it will take her 1 round to come out herself which is bad but someone activated her)

Typhoon would successfully hit each bullet turret along the walls for 1 damage (they cannot dodge as you can imagine) making each one shut down and explode afterwards managing to successfully throw his droid onto the Laser Turret. It manages to hack the turret and gain control of it.

Nebula would notice the turrets were gone but would respawn as it was stated earlier and thus readied his portals in front of the turret spawn points and in front of the turrets that were there (this requires focus to keep each portal in front of the barrels so interruption makes it so that a reapplication on your turn will be required)

((Since Nyako did not specify the droid i will assume the closest ones to her and she will strike at them using all 14 strikes))

Nyako would rush Man Droid 8 who dodges the 1st strike she attempts by moving back while flying. Nyako manages to hit it with the second strike for a 1/2 damage glancing blow in the chest as it continued to move back between Flamethrower Turret 4 and Cryogenic Turret 4. Nyako would miss the 3rd time as the Man Droid dodged again my side stepping. It would begin to circle her as it dodged the 4th strike from Nyako. The 5th strike Nyako managed to stab it square in the chest for 1 damage with her claw. She then tore her claw out for the 6th strike in which cut it in half diagonally from right shoulder for 1 damage moving on to the next target that she could see. Teleporting to Turret Droid 4 she would strike it from above jamming both claws into it (this counts as 2 attacks) dealing 2 damage. Before she could strike it again it would shake her off of it. She would then take out bot of its legs with slashes for 2 damage destroying it as it exploded Nyako moving on to the next target. She would teleport to Man Droid 6 hitting in the back as it aimed for Necelis for 1 damage. Nyako would miss the second strike as it grabbed her other arm turning its head around to look at her behind him eyes glowing red. She would rip her hand away and stab it square in the face for 1 damage killing it and getting away before it exploded standing on top of one of the crates.

Firefly puts up the light shield and begins charging managing to damage Pillar 3 hitting it for 2 damage (The shield will last 3 strikes and is protecting both you and Necelis)

Necelis would freeze in the wake of the battle frozen in fear unable to respond. (Dusk decides why she froze in fear. Unfortunately she will lose this round)

((Now the droids turn))

Cryogenic Turrets

Cryogenic Turret 1 would fire at Shuriken to which made it explode and take out Pillar 1. Cryogenic Turret 2 would also fire at Shuriken and explode dealing 2 damage to Pillar 2. Cryogenic Turret 3, and 4 would fire at no one as no one was close enough for them to attack.

Turret Droids

Turret Droid 1 would aim and fire at Nebula with its barrage missing as Nebula managed to dodge it quickly getting behind a crate for protection. Turret Droid 2 would fire at Shuriken with its barrage hitting but dealing no damage as Shurikens armor protected him from bullets. Turret Droid 3 would fire at Firefly and Necelis with its barrage hitting the unmoving shield for 4 damage but the shield block 3 attacks not 3 hits so it stays up for now.

Laser Turret

Given that the Laser Turret is hacked it does nothing until ordered by Typhoon (You have control vinio you fire it by controlling your droid)

Man Droids

Man Droid 2 would fire a energy beam at Shuriken missing as Shuriken blocked it with his sword and did a counter attack by running over and hitting it with a jumping downward strike of his sword for 1 damage destroying it. Man Droid 4 would fire at Shuriken with his own energy beam missing as Shuriken dodged it landing near Pillar 2. Man Droid 5 would fire at Fireflys shield for 1 damage shield still holding from the 2nd attack. Man Droid 7 would also fire at Fireflys shield finally breaking it on the 3rd attack.

Bullet Turrets

All destroyed

Flamethrower Turrets

2 already attacked and the other 2 could not as no one is close enough.

Danger

she is still breaking her way out of the Vault

((Was planning on revealing her later but someone wanted to see the party's present before Christmas  lol! ))

A siren would blare and the destroyed droids would respawn from the ground ready to strike next turn. The broken Bullet Turrets would be flipped into the wall and come out fixed or replaced. The Cryogenic Turrets since they were on the pillars and could not be repaired are replaced with 2 new droids the Pummel Droid (They take 4 hits to take down and can attack 2 times each)

((Here is the map))

((Sorry forgot to put in the control room so I had to edit the map. Techk you will need to go in there to get into the vault))

(( Neb = Nebula, Fi = Firefly, Te = Techk, Sh = Shuriken, Ny = Nyako, Ty = Typhoon, Nec = Necelis, La Tu = Laser Turret, Bu Tu = Bullet Turret, Fl Tu = Flamethrower Turret, Cr Tu = Cryogenic Turret, Ma Dr = Man Droid, Tu Dr = Turret Droid, Pu Dr = Pummel Droid Black Square = Crate/Cover ))

((I made an error calculating hp so here they are now plus I updated the hp system for players and important characters so that you can see when you lose one stat and what stats are getting hit as they suffer. tell me if you like it or if you prefer the old way of showing hp))

(( Necelis Hp = 7/7 Wp = 12/12 ))
(( Nyako Hp = 7/7 Wp = 7/7 ))
(( Typhoon Hp = 7/7 Wp = 8/8 ))
(( Firefly Hp = 8/8 Wp = 10/10 ))
(( Nebula Hp = 8/8 Wp = 7/7 ))
(( Techk Hp = 6/7 Wp = 7/7 ))
(( Shuriken Hp = 8/8 Wp = 8/8 ))

Last edited by Admin on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:38 am; edited 6 times in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:08 am

(Something that Jack neglected to mention is that the damage line for that is strictly for bludgeoning, I'm effectively immune to slashing and piercing damage(his idea) but still vulnerable to explosions)

Techk balked momentarily after seeing what was inside the vault. Well, shit. This isn't going to be as easy as I thought." He thought to himself before poking a tendril out of the door toward the party before shouting, "WE'VE GOT BIG TROUBLE IN THE VAULT FOLKS. SOMEONE FLEW DANGER INTO HERE FOR SOME UNFATHOMABLE REASON. I THINK I HAVE AN IDEA, BUT JUST IN CASE, BE READY FOR THINGS TO GET A HELL OF A LOT HARDER."

Techk then slid out of the door and up on top of the vault clinging low to the top where he wouldn't be fired on, intending on launching a surprise attack on Danger as soon as she got loose, intent on infesting her body with his own before she could strike him again.

"Infestation Protocol Engaged." chirped off as Techk cackled. "Hope you came here planning to get lucky lady, because I'm about to be inside you." he said to himself, planning to work his way into all the recesses and nooks in her form, intent on dismantling her and disabling her movement systems to render her helpless. (Using the cutting lasers and other tools on my bots to do so, generally speaking this is going to be a brand of surgery Razz)

"Typhoon! Change of plans! Get into the control room and disable as many turrets as possible, pretty soon there's going to be a lot of light in this room that isn't going to be very helpful to us at all. The mobile droids you can take out with any turrets you gain control of in the process."

Last edited by Deciltor on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Deciltor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jamwalsh on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:55 am

Nebula would readjust his portals to the turret droids as they took aim and aim the exit portals at pillar 4. He would then attempt to crush two of the flame thrower turrets under telekinetic force. Running for cover, Nebula sends a telepathic message to Xavier. Okay, can we call this off? This doesn't seem to be panning out. Nebula would say under his breath Man, we're spread too thin.

Last edited by jamwalsh on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:23 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : re-targeting)

jamwalsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:35 am

Typhoon would run down to Nebula, "I agree that this training session has way to many unpredictable factors to it." Typhoon would smile, "I think the best option is none at all."

Typhoon would sit in the center of the danger room, he would focus on the control room and attempt to deactivate some levers and switches using the air outside. He would need to focus, and hence why he sat. If anything targeted him the lazer turret would shoot it.If anything managed to shoot or attack him even then he would make a quick wind wall to try and knock it away.

(I'm hoping like more RPG's when you use focus you get some benefits to the task at hand)
vinio2323

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare696 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:39 am

As Nyako fought Man Droid 8 she would begin to build up with frustration, with every slash...somehow it was able to dodge her quick attacks. Her cat like eyes would enlarge with fury as she built up her rage and power in the battle room. As she continued to strike at it with her large claws she would begin to feel as if she was being mocked, as the thing almost was making fun of her while it circled her...with one more strike she stabbed it with her claw , tearing its insides and tore out. "Why wont you all die already?!" Feeling enraged she would teleport to the next Droid and to another destroying them both and than jumping away as the last one explodes. (Recap from Jack)

Nyako would growl like an animal after destroying the bots. She would than proceed to finish off Droid 8 which has been pestering her this whole time.
She would run at the droid on all four of her feet and leap onto it with her claws out, piercing it and slashing out its insides. She had not yet noticed anything off with the danger room, all she cared about was fighting in the moment.
Nightmare696

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maltastarlight on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:03 pm

When everything goes crazy she first screams out "TECHK!!! WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU DO AND WHAT EXACTLY IS DANGER!" at the same time she tried to put up a barrier to try to protect her and Necelis. After the barrier is back up Firefly creates 4 light constructs ready for the next attack. Firefly would then try to wake up Necelis saying "Necelis! Necelis! Wake up Necelis! World calling Necelis!" Firefly would be snapping with her one hand in front of Necelis while she was talking.
maltastarlight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:59 pm

((Yea i noticed that those that are of the swarm subtype in marvel continuity are usually immune to slashing and piercing but are vulnerable to bludgioning as ex with the bee swarm guy from spiderman who is immune to those things. So I told Techk that he would fall into said category of swarm and would gain the benefits should he desire them. It makes sense as it would take a very accurate shot to hit any individual piece of the swarm with any slashing or piercing attack but if someone used a blugioning sure they could form away from it but its larger surface area would still hit something. That said Dangers fists are bludgioning so be ready to feel pain everyone.))

((Danger Hp = 6/11 Wp = 11/11 No Status Effects))

((Man Droid 2 hit 1 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 4 hit 1 times out of 2 times))
((Man Droid 7 hit 2 times out of 2 times it is now destroyed))
((Man Droid 8 hit 2 times out of 2 times it is now destroyed))
((Flamethrower Turret 1 hit 1 times out of 1 times it is now destroyed))
((Flamethrower Turret 2 hit 1 times out of 1 times it is now destroyed))
((Pummel Droid 1 hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Pummel Droid 2 hit 0 times out of 4 times))
((Cryogenic Turret 3 hit 0 times out of 1 times it is now destroyed))
((Cryogenic Turret 4 hit 0 times out of 1 times it is now destroyed))
((Pillar 1 hit 8 times out of 8 times it is now destroyed))
((Pillar 2 hit 8 times out of 8 times it is now destroyed))
((Pillar 3 hit 8 times out of 8 times it is now destroyed))
((Pillar 4 hit 8 times out of 8 times it is now destroyed))

As Techk would speak his warning of Danger Professor X would say "Yes as a standard training regimen for potential new X-Men Cyclops asks Danger to help test the recruits and see if they are truly ready." Techk would ready his assault on Danger.

Shuriken would hear the warning and would immediately focus all of his attention on dealing with the Pillars as fast as possible. Ignoring all the attacking enemies he would slash Pillar 2 two times for 2 damage and then use another barrage attack of throwing 4 scales at the pillar. Shuriken would proceed to run towards Pillar 3 running and jumping past the droids and his teammates. Upon arriving at Pillar 3 he would throw another scale at the Cryogenic Turret hitting it in the barrel again. He would then slash at the Pillar with his sword 2 more times dealing 2 damage to it. Continuing his attack he would again use another barrage attack for 4 damage. Shuriken would then ready for the enemy counterattack by going into a defensive stance.

Nebula would successfully readjust his portals to the desired locations ready to use the turrets own bullets to take down Pillar 4. He then successfully crushed 2 of the Flamethrower Turrets under his own telekinetic might running for cover afterwards. Professor X would respond to Nebulas request by turning on the intercom and saying "I'm sorry Cyclops's orders clearly state to not stop the test until the team is successful or any member is incapacitated fully." Professor X would then turn the intercom off again.

Typhoon would mess with 3 levers successfully before Professor X would start messing with the controls to try to turn them back on. Everyone would notice the Lights turn off save for Nyako who was caught in the moment, (As written in her post) The Control Room for The Vault would malfunction making it so that it could no longer operate The Vault doors, and all The Droids would begin to malfunction flailing in place unable to respond this turn. Everyone would notice that the Pillars were still on and thus so is the vault lights as they run on a separate program. Everyone would also hear The Danger Room say in rapid succession "Lighting Systems have been disabled. Vault Controls Disabled. Droid controls have been disabled." Tech would then be ready for any attacks that would come at him. Professor X would speak on the intercom again saying "A brilliant idea Typhoon. That is thinking outside the box. I will have to tell Cyclops about this development. But don't expect it to work again as I am now watching for that." Professor X would turn off the intercom again afterwards.

Nyako would attack Man Droid 8 ignoring all other proceedings her pounce would miss as Man Droid 8 would dodge by sidestepping. As Nyako tried to attack it again it would dodge again by backing up away from it. Nyako would then hit it in the chest for 1 damage. As it looked right at her Nyako would proceed to tear its insides out for 1 damage and shut it down again as it just shorts out and crumples to the ground. Nyako would be ready for any counter attack.

Firefly would manage to make the barrier protecting her and Necelis. Creating her constructs she would then ready herself for enemy counterattack while trying to wake up Necelis.

Necelis would still not respond as she would still be in shell shock after her last encounter with battle.

((Now for the enemy))

All of the droids unable to attack miss out on this round of attacks. The Bullet Turrets would out right destroy Pillar 4 as the portals redirected the bullets to Pillar 4, also destroying the Cryogenic Turret that was on it. The remaining Flamethrower Turrets would not fire as no one was close enough. The Cryogenic Turret that was near Shuriken would fire and explode Pillar 3 and thus turning off the lights in The Vault.

((Now its Dangers turn))

Danger would kick open The Vault doors knocking them flying just over Typhoon, Firefly, and Necelis's heads hitting Man Droid 7 and destroying it as it crushed it against the wall. The Danger Room would say "Danger released. Defenses will no longer respawn for the duration of the test." Before Techk could respond Danger would immediately rush at Typhoon and grab him by the throat readying for a punch as Typhoon would create a Wind Wall to separate the two. Just as that happened Techk would catch up and attack Danger by entering her and damaging her from the inside for 1 damage. Techk would notice that Dangers construction was very complex and hard to figure out. (Shi'ar technology is very complex to earthlings and I don't think Techk would do research on alien tech) Danger would respond by saying "Foreign entity has invaded systems. Beginning counter measures." Danger would shift her gears and insides to crush Techk while he was inside of her dealing 2 damage bludgeoning to him trying to get him to get out of her (Crushing is bludgeoning in my book)

Typhoons droid would then shoot at Danger with the laser for 4 damage as she was not expecting the attack and was preoccupied with dealing with Techk. Danger would say "Enemy hacking Laser Turret above dealing with it now." She would then fire a laser beam from a laser cannon she formed onto her arm. hitting the droid off of the turret forcefully damaging it Danger returning the cannon into her arm afterwards. Danger would then turn around and force her way through the Wind Wall and punch at Typhoons face just as Typhoon would turn to air thus making Danger walk right through him. Danger would say "Target Typhoon has the ability to make himself intangible to physical damage and has the ability to manipulate the air around him. Preparing countermeasure."

Professor X would then begin talking on the intercom again saying "Yes. To answer Firefly's question, Our jailer Danger is commonly called in as a final test to make sure recruits are ready to become full fledged X-men. Danger has all the weapons of The Danger Room and can utilize many simultaneously, Like her laser cannons, Her saw blades and even her flamethrowers. She is an extraordinary hand to hand combatant and has extensive and detailed knowledge of the combat styles, tactics, strategies, and weaknesses of many X-Men. Including Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, even Cable and Hope Summers. This is a challenge for anyone who comes across her. Cyclops believes that this would allow potential X-Men to adapt to an enemy that can adapt and utilize their weaknesses. Good luck in dealing with this daunting task." Professor X would once again turn off the intercom.

Danger would then say "Counter attack confirmed. Readying flamethrowers." Spawning 2 flamethrowers on top of her wrists she would fire 2 shots at Typhoon who would get burned by the fire for 4 damage (he will suffer additional 2 damage per round if he does not put out the fire quickly) Danger would say "Those with wind manipulation are often weak to fire as the air they manipulate makes the fire burn more intensely. In your case your air mimicry can spare you from many attacks but it wont save you forever. By continuously layering on attacks your ability will start to fail you and you will begin to suffer damage." Danger would then look at the next closest mutant around her which was Firefly and readied her flamethrowers to fight her. Shuriken would glare at Professor X refocusing his eyes onto Danger to make sure she does not do anything else to harm the mission.

((Here is a map))

((Because Techk only talked and set up shop last post he heals 1 hp))

(( Necelis Hp = 7/7 Wp = 12/12 ))
(( Nyako Hp = 7/7 Wp = 7/7 ))
(( Typhoon Hp = 3/7 Wp = 8/8 ))
(( Typhoons Droid damaged but not destroyed))
(( Firefly Hp = 8/8 Wp = 10/10 ))
(( Nebula Hp = 8/8 Wp = 7/7 ))
(( Techk Hp = 5/7 Wp = 7/7 ))
(( Shuriken Hp = 8/8 Wp = 8/8 ))
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:26 am

Necelis stood at the ready her eyes focused forward as she could feel herself begin to tremble. Watching the others jump into combat and despite it being a training exercise, it was clear to see the chaos that was about to unfold. Her green eyes shot wide open at the sound of gunfire, her emerald eyes darkened and expanded as she felt her knees give into her weight. Starring blankly forward, she looked at the ground suddenly not able to move a muscle. All sound and vision were lost to her distorted in all manner of confusion, she was simply shut down. Her fingernails dug into the her thigh as she tried to get herself to move but it was no use. She bit her bottom lip and shut her eyes so tight as she winced from the pain.

'I don't understand.... why can't I move?' She shouted to herself inside her head. 'I thought I was over this!'

Through her shut eyes, a stream of tears went down her cheek as she let out an inaudible scream as her hands tore at her hair. Prior to what occurred at the Avenger Mansion, Necelis was deemed unfit for combat related missions due to her condition. When put into danger, her body goes into shock. Professor Xavier had told her this may be linked to the trauma she suffered which had disabled her ability to speak. However, due to her heroic actions at the side of Dusk, Xavier had overturned her prior analysis and deemed her to be cured.

Hugging her knees, she tasted blood as she sank her teeth into her lower lip. Unable to see, hear and only feel the vibration on the ground. She knew what was happening to her knowing the science behind her condition. Her visual receptors in her brain would stop followed by her auditory receptors and then she would slowly pass out. Her heart felt like it was going to burst out of her chest. Taking a long breath, she tried to restore oxygen to her body. Her body relaxing as her heart came to a steady rate, the light in her eyes returning as she stared blankly at firefly. Her eyes flashed to Danger as she rose to her feet.

'Sorry... I'm okay now...' She managed to send the telepathic message to Firefly as she stood behind Firefly's shield. Her eyes flicked to the closest Mandroid (No.5) and turned them back at Danger. Without looking at it, she would lift the droid off of it's feet and try to send it crashing into Danger's blindside while she was trying to breakdown firefly's shields.
Dusk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:05 am

Techk grunted under the pressure Danger was exerting on him while crushing a fair few of his bots. "OOOOOOkay! That's a terrible way to be hospitable to company, and it wasn't appreciated." The few of his bots forced to the exterior got a very brief look at the situation and saw how things were going. "Right, same plan as usual, except I'm not Plan-B anymore, I'm going to deal with this feisty lady personally. Focus on getting rid of the other turrets and droids so we can finish things up. If I'm not done with her after that, I'll probably be in need of some assistance."

Turning his attention back to the matter at hand, Techk started to chuckle darkly. "Oh, you're a real tight piece of work, aren't cha? Remind me to give you a good look over after this to find out just what exactly makes you tick. Before then though.." Techk began swarming over the gears etc that had crushed him before and began destroying them to rebuild his body, effectively beginning to devour Danger from the inside out. When he spoke next it came out distorted and murderous in tone. "I'm AfRaId ThAt I mUsT rEnD yOuR bOdY aSsUnDeR!!" "Beginning repair and assimilation sequence. Slash and burn in effect."(This is an attempt at active regeneration based off damage dealt like we talked about Jack Razz)

Deciltor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jamwalsh on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:19 pm

DAMN IT ADAM!! Nebula would yell as the light were shut off. His security camera-like network of mini portals helped him see but he still couldn't see in the dark. As parts of the room became barely illuminated by lasers, fire, and Firefly's barrier, Nebula saw his golden opportunity. He dove into cover and opened a portal to the disc and grabbed it. Once he had it, Nebula jumped up shouting DONE!! terminate the program. holding the disc over his head.

jamwalsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum