Marvel/DC A New Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Day For Training: Typhoon

3 posters

Go down

A Day For Training: Typhoon Empty A Day For Training: Typhoon

Post  Deciltor Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Three days after Typhoon and Shuriken's training session on the lawn, Typhoon would awaken to the sound of his alarm. Rolling over he would notice that both of his swords were missing from their usual place, with a note taped to his spider robot, which was tied up and hanging from the ceiling. The note would read as follows:

Greetings Typhoon,

Please excuse the state I have left your droid in, it was attempting to alert you when I came in to procure your weapons. I wish to inspect the properties of your swords and put them through a few tests. I felt it something unnecessary to awaken you over and interrupt your night's sleep. Eight hours a night is a genius' delight after all!

I should note that as of late I've been watching, and while I see great promise in you, your style is lacking. I would very much like to see to some specialized training for you today. If you wish your swords returned to you, meet me in the danger room. Training is optional.

~Agent T

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

A Day For Training: Typhoon Empty Re: A Day For Training: Typhoon

Post  vinio2323 Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:38 am

Typhoon would stare at the note as he untied his robot. "Wonder who this is...anyone who knows me would just ask to borrow my swords..."

Then he would smile, "Then again maybe they also knew that if they'd have asked I would have answered no."

Typhoon would get changed and head to the danger room, his robot on his shoulder, "After we sort this out, we're gonna get you some upgrades."
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:17 am

When Typhoon entered the Danger room, he would see a man standing in the middle of the room next to a table holding the swords. The man, clad in in a bright blue plaid jacket that almost seems hypnotic in it's movements, has slicked back blonde hair, aviator sunglasses, and a wide grin. Curiously, his pants and shoes were a simple black in comparison to the rest of his appearance. His voice sounding like a used car salesman's, he immediately started talking loudly to Typhoon. "Ah there you are my boy! I have to admit your swords are in excellent condition, and quite the admirable pieces of equipment. The question is are you here just for them, or for my SPECIAL TRAINING regimen?? I promise you that you'll be looking at both your powers, and your swords, in a different light afterward if you do. After all it's not every day you get trained by a master coach like me!"

He then paused a moment and ran his hand through his hair. "Oh, Right, I suppose it would help if I introduced myself. I'm known as Agent T, Instructor to the stars! Stars being heroes. Ever hear of a hero pulling off some insanely awesome stunt they never even hinted at knowing about before then? That'd be my doing. So what do you say lad, ready to take your power to the next level? Put more wind in your sails? Give your gumption some more chutzpah? I'm sure after that fight with your friend you'd be happy to have some pointers!"

Reaching into his pocket he'd pull out a small remote, showing it to Typhoon. "I had to do some smooth talking to get my hands on this little gizmo, but it's the control pad for this room. Believe you me, I'm glad I got this otherwise it would be a real pain to teach this class, hours of set up and extra people hired.. It would be quite costly to me."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Typhoon would look over the man for a moment and grin, "I'm always up for a chance to improve myself in the way of the sword, but my powers are a tricky business. I'm not very good at controlling them besides a few simple air manipulation tricks I taught myself, and some that come naturally."

Typhoon would look to his droid then back to agent T, "I must admit this is quite elaborate. I'm not sure who put you up to this, but without the help of someone here at the school, and more specifically someone I know, I bet it wouldn't have been worth your wile to do all this. Whether you actually could or not on your own not withstanding."

Typhoon would hold out his hands and shrug, "But honestly if someone close to me trusted you, then I can't say no to the offer. But I would like too inspect my blades before we start any training. They are... important to me to say the least."
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Agent T smiled widely and held his arms out. "I do admit indeed, you have a benefactor who has hired me for a decent sum. They wish to remain anonymous, so I can't say more than that really. Aside from that they must really like you to drop a cool $500,000 for my top of the line training regimen, one of the few package selections that actually has me personally do the training by the way. Usually i'm FAR too busy training the big names out there, these days mostly just checking up on their currently assigned regimens and altering them as needed, but that still is a lot of travelling and security clearance stuff. Still, beats the hell out of working for the other side, all they want to do is threaten you or bribe you for information, and I don't breach the client/trainer confidentiality clause. Conflict of interest you know."

He then gestured to the table. By all means my good man! Take a look! I assure you no damage has been done to them, in fact I took the utmost care not to even disturb the polish! However when you are done inspecting them I would ask you to place them back on the table, the first part of your course is designed around your powers specifically. Seeing as there are going to be times you will be without your swords in a combat situation, I think it best you learn how to defend and attack without them, even if only long enough to retrieve them. Savvy?"

He pressed a button on the pad and a target on a pole appeared from the floor. "Now then, let's begin with a brain teaser to see if you're capable of this caliber of attack. Of course with how everyone I've spoken to lauds your intelligence, I'm sure this will hardly be the brain teaser I designed it to be! Ready? Here goes: Stab this with your fist, but do not allow your fist to come into contact with the target. I want a clean stab, not just punching a hole through it after all! Let's see if you can get it done lad!"

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 pm

A stab with my fist? Typhoon would ponder for a moment.

Typhoon would look at his hand, then at the target. How will I do this without touching it?

Typhoon would think back to his encounter with danger, how he removed the oxygen from his body by creating a vacuum around himself. Maybe he could use that principle to stop his hand from hitting the target?

Typhoon would smile at Agent T, "Okay well I think I know what you're asking for anyways. Whether or not it'll work as planned we'll have to see."

Typhoon would hold his hand and and solid like the shape of a spear and stab at the target using wind in a cyclone around the outline of his hand and arm.

(I'll let you decide how it turns out for fun Razz)
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 pm

As Typhoon stabbed at the target, he felt resistance caused by the wind cushion as he slowly pushed the cyclone through the target. As the target finally gave way, a miniature explosion of air and debris came out from behind it. Agent T could be heard clapping.

"Very good my boy, very good indeed! You had a slight bit of trouble, but seeing as it's your first time doing it I'd assume as much. Now then, as it's always been said, practice makes perfect."

Agent T pressed another button on the control pad and 9 more targets appeared, the one Typhoon having broken disappearing into the floor. The targets were spaced a short distance apart from each other, although the heights differentiated as the line went on, giving Typhoon options of how to strike them and the ability to show off a little if he liked.

"I'd like you to see about doing the same to all of these, then when you have the method of how to do it down, we can start with the next part! My plan is to build up slowly through theoretically easy to accomplish tasks, then work our way up to the more difficult ones to see what your current limitations are, then design a training regimen for you to follow until my next visit. I must say I'm very excited to see just what it is you're capable of my dear boy! I even get the feeling that you may find your powers a little more controllable after this is all said and done, of course we'll never know until we try!" Agent T flashed Typhoon a winning smile and gave him a thumbs up. "I'm rooting for ya kiddo!"

(Of course it's difficult to do things perfectly on the first try every time right? Razz Have fun with the targets!)

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Mon May 19, 2014 1:34 am

Typhoon would smile as he saw the targets. He would create the wind funnel around his right hand and arm. He would stab at the first target, not going deep, but causing damage. He would pull back and move to the second target 'revving' up the cyclone around his arm and tearing right through the target. He stuck the 3rd and 4th similarly.

Typhoon felt invigorated and created a second cyclone around his left arm as he maintained the right. It was obvious that both were a little weaker due to the concentration, but Typhoon struck targets 5 and 6 using a left right punch high and low.

Target 7 was to his side and he swung his arm horizontal adjusting the spin of air around his arm so that he would slice the target, successfully cutting it in half. Typhoon was ecstatic at his progress and swung around to hit target 8...

BANG!

His arm slammed against the target. Quickly recoiling his arm he lost control of both cyclones. He had forgotten to adjust his other arm for the slicing motion and had instead just slammed the side of his arm into the target...enough to dent it...

"Whoops...got a little caught up in the excitement for a moment there..." he would laugh a little looking over at agent T and stretching his bruised arm.
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue May 20, 2014 1:02 am

Agent-T smiled appreciatively watching Typhoon at work, making note of his progress. He visibly winced when Typhoon bashed his arm off the side of the target. "Ooh, that looked like it hurt! Are you ok to continue? It's great that you progressed to the second stage ahead of my instructions, but do be more careful please. I'd hate for you to wind up going on a mission with injuries!"

Regaining his composure, he adjusted his sunglasses and cleared his throat. "But, if you're ready to continue, let's see if you can use that wind attack of yours more.. creatively?" He pressed a button on the remote and two large metal columns rose in front of the last two targets, the first one circular and the second one flat. "I'd like to see you try to use the original ability I helped you learn first for this, and be very careful not to punch the column, it's quite solid and far less yeilding than the targets. I want you to punch around this column, hopefully without causing any damage to it. This part of the lesson is to help you deal with someone who has a hostage. It's far easier to just punch around something than wait for an opening I'd bet!" He flashed Typhoon a winning smile, before rubbing his chin and giving him a serious look. [color=#9966ff]"To be completely honest, I'm not actually sure if you can do this yet, but I'm curious to see you try it out. Who knows, you may surprise me! I do have faith in you my boy, which is why I'm willing to let you try this out. If you want to put this off we can revisit it later, but I do believe it is something you should be able to do eventually using aerodynamics!"

Agent-T would wait patiently for Typhoon's response with a look of confidence, quite hopeful that the young man before him would be able to do what he asked of him.

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:44 am

Typhoon would smile, "yea...I'd better take it easy, but it's not often I get to show off."

Typhoon would nod after given his instructions and angled the wind around his right arm to give it a slight angle. He then struck beside the column hitting the first target. Close too, but not quite touching the column, having to give some extra space to avoid the wind tunnel around his arm from making contact.

Typhoon would smile, then look over at the next target.

Running at the target it would look as if he were about to strike the column, but then his arm would seemingly pass through the column and re materialize right in front of the target. The target would not take as much damage as the first since the funnel of winds around Typhoons arm also had to start up again in such a short distance.

Looking over at Agent-T Typhoon would say, "So how was that? It's still a little tricky to pass through things that precisely, but if I concentrate hard enough it works out."
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Agent-T nodded at Typhoon's efforts with his usual winning smile "Very good my dear boy, very good indeed!" Pressing another key on the remote the targets descended into the floor and the room was again as empty as it was when Typhoon entered. "Now for a bit of a change of pace, let's see if we can't work on your speed. Eventually you'll use your swords with this against targets, but for now let's just see if we can cause the speed increase and control it first. I want you to run as fast as you physically can in a circuit around the room, and then I want you to try and cause a burst of wind behind your every step in another circuit to see if you can keep up with the speed increase. Use as large of small of a burst as you're comfortable with boyo, there's no rush to be top of the class here when you set the grade."

Agent-T fingered a button on the remote and a number of panels rose and airbags burst from them. Pressing another button they reset and descended into the floor again. "If you think you're losing control give me a shout and I'll deploy those, I've got your back here Sonnyjim, I won't let ya crash and burn if I can help it."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Typhoon would smile, "It's been a while since I ran the track. I used to back in school, before..." Typhoon would cut off and get into a running position, it was obvious in his face he had almost mentioned something he didn't want to.

Typhoon would take off at full speed running with reason. Hands flat like points to conserve energy from not gripping into fists, toe's only touching the ground to reduce contact and friction, he knew what he had to do to get up to speed normally, but this next step would be tricky.

Typhoon would concentrate and... Whoosh! a blast of air behind him. He would actually shift himself forward from the hit, innately trying to balance and losing speed. He thought about this for a moment as he ran back up to his base speed.

Typhoon would concentrate, but this time as the air would burst he would put his arms back in a triangle style shape and lean forward. The air would push him speeding him up. He would continue every 2 seconds or so, then every second, until hitting a speed of 400 kmph. Typhoon was basically straining at this speed, but he was determined to see if he could go faster. Typhoon would create a cone in front of him using wind to make himself more aerodynamic, and remove the air resistance behind it.

Typhoon would continue to speed up until he hit around 1,250 kmph at which point a loud boom, and a solid wall of white caught him off guard and cause him to stumble.

"AGANET T!" Typhoon would yell as he began to spiral towards the wall.
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  jamwalsh Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:06 pm

((just to be a clerical confirmation nerd, if you hit anything, even a crashmat, you will likely die instantly. I did the math, at that speed you'll hit with a force of over 20,000 tonnes. Getting hit by a truck wouldn't hurt as much))

jamwalsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:45 pm

"I hear you loud and clear laddy!" Agent T shouted to Typhoon as he pressed a number of buttons on the control panel. Several air bags burst open in Typhoon's path, setting him on a course to run into them ever so barely to glance off of them and diminish his speed. Seventeen near head-on collisions later Typhoon would find himself face-planting into one last airbag at a relative snails pace compared to his previous speed. He'd feel mildly dazed after being used as a living pinball but otherwise ok. "Wow you got up to quite the speed there kiddo! I think you went about what, three times your comfort zone's speed? Pretty good means you can get faster with a bit more practice and effort! Miiiiiight want to mind that sound barrier though, dang near took my shades off with that burst before you went out of control." He said with a smirk while adjusting his shades. Another few button presses later and the airbags were gone, replaced this time with a target near Agent T.

Agent T leaned against the table with Typhoon's swords on them, patting the table. "Take a moment to catch your breath and come on over, if you're still up for it I've got a few more things to teach! Including a few more brain teasers that I'm sure you'll figure out post-haste! Soon as you're ready and over here I'll tell ya what you're up against next kid."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down