Marvel/DC A New Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techk and Dr. Avalon's Activities

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Techk and Dr. Avalon's Activities - Page 2 Empty Re: Techk and Dr. Avalon's Activities

Post  vinio2323 Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 am

Regina would jump back as she got squirted with the water, then laugh and wave her hand. A part of the barrier would vanish above Techk long enough to soak him with water all over.

After the barrier closes Regina would laugh, and walk over to Techk, "You know going out to dinner isn't a bad idea, I don't get out much..." Regina would walk behind Techk and rub a finger down what should be his neck, "Plus I have a thing for machines and scientists."

As she finished she would peck him on the cheek and...

"I knew this would happen too..."

A voice could be heard as a hologram of Avalon appeared beside the two, this time life size. Regina would turn to face the hologram.

"Well I guess now's as good a time as any, I'll walk with you while you come to my gates, so we might as well talk on the way, if you and Regina are finished..." By the tone of his voice it was obvious Avalon was not impressed by this waste of time going on.

Regina would simply stand her ground, "Comon Doctor, can't you ever let loose once in a while?"

The doctor would pause, "That seems wasteful...I'd rather stick to my regiment thank you."
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Techk and Dr. Avalon's Activities - Page 2 Empty Re: Techk and Dr. Avalon's Activities

Post  Deciltor Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:00 am

Techk giggled then stood stock still as he got soaked with water in shock. "Oh... yooooou!!!!" He said in mock frustration before he felt Regina's finger on his neck.

When she did that he stiffened as if shocked and then relaxed, almost melting slightly. His nanobots could be heard bustling around and chirping gibberish in binary as he let out a contented sigh with half closed eyes. "That... Is cheating..." He said right before she kissed his cheek. "Neuropathic map of my human body was online and -god- that felt good. That was and I guess still is one of my "weak points" so to speak, do try not to abuse that knowledge to turn me into putty in your hands." He blushed furiously and smiled at her. "I happen to be both, and you happen to be two things I really like, a smart woman who isn't afraid to go after what and who she wants."

Turning to the hologram of Avalon after hearing them discussing things, Techk had to have a laugh. "Actually Dr. Avalon, what you call wasteful I call research and testing of my nanobots and what they can do. I'm sure by now you've figured things out, so can you tell me what things I've been testing today while out with Regina on the way here? I mean sure I did have a lot of fun and fully intend to spend more time with her, but I'm always working on stuff and running tests even if it doesn't look like it." He tapped the side of his head thoughtfully. "One of the many perks of being highly intelligent is being able to see everything as information gathering even if your intentions are other than that. You just need to apply knowledge of your field to mundane situations and allow the research into everyday robotics applications flow naturally. Just today alone I've gathered a lot of data."

As he walked with them he turned his head to the hologram of Avalon. "So while we're on our way to the main gate and whatnot, I suppose I should ask the obvious question. What is it you want to discuss with me about nanotechnology? Don't say "everything". I hate it when people answer that question with that method. I like to know where to actually start so I'm not boring nor wasting anyone's time recounting what they already know."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Regina would smile at Techk's answer, "I don't need to be anywhere near you if I wanted you to do something." she would smile.

Dr. Avalon would ignore her, "I want to learn about the collective consciousness you have established with your nanobots. I'm working on a nanite project and need a hive minded anchor program to get them to function in a group, which I'm lacking."

He would smile, "And considering your made of them sugests you have this tech, also that you've converted yourself to a machine like myself, although I believe yours wasn't intentional like myself."

" Here let me show you."

As they approached a door up ahead only a little ways, the door would open and the first room they walked into had chambers of nanites at least 3 stories high. There were about 30 chambers in all. "Funny how I do things, I never stop working. I've made so many nanites and I can't even use them yet. But thats because of my most pressing project. I'm so close I can feel it!" Dr Avalon would punch the air when he declares how close he was, but he never said what.
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:56 am

Techk gave Regina a wry smile and nudged her. "Only if I leave my neuropathic map online."

Techk nearly hissed at the sight of the canisters, and backed away from them slightly, his nanobots could be heard chittering. "New nanobots found, assimilation protocol prepared. Physical interface required for control to be assumed."

Techk looked to both Regina and Avalon, an expression of sheer terror on his face. "Jesus Christ Avalon those things haven't been imprinted yet, what do you want me to try and assimilate all of them?! That could destabilize me horrendously and have them run on subroutines while i sync them all to my consciousness. The damned things would probably run off my nanobots and try to consume all the metal in range and "repair" anyone who gets injured and maybe utterly destroy them!"

Breathing in and out heavily for a few seconds he regained some of his composure. Stepping backwards to the entrance of the room so he'd be more comfortable, he decided it'd be best to continue speaking as if nothing happened and hope they didn't think much of it. "Sorry about that. Still though, I don't know if doing what happened to me would make anything successful in the way of creating a synthetic person with a hive mind basis. Before my transference I was a mutant with a pretty useful power in my field. Mechanical Empathy. No matter how advanced or mundane the machine, I could diagnose the problem and know exactly how to fix it just by touching it. It was like I became one with the machine mentally. So I get the feeling that when the nanobots malfunctioned as they would have since I hadn't finished programming them yet, my mutant power spread me through them like a programming code and now... I'm what I am. A dead man who won't stay down. Heheh."

Thinking for a moment he then placed his hand on his chin in thought. "Anchor program.. Hmm.. Before we get into that, the question I have for you is what will the nanites you have here do if the hive mind goes offline? Personally my body goes berserk and will do what I already described. If you're going to use these to help make a better world, I'd highly suggest something non-destructive and non-lethal as an unconscious subroutine. Perhaps returning to containment for data extraction and rebooting?"

Techk raised an eyebrow as he remembered the tunnel. "Right, I was also going to ask you about the hard light holographic corridor you have running. If you don't mind terribly I'd like to take a look at some of the schematics you have for it to see if I could create a personal use one to provide me some defensive capability in combat against things that can actually cause severe harm to me."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:34 am

Dr Avalon would look confused at Techk's reaction cocking an eyebrow in his direction, "Actually I plan on using them to create environments such as buildings that can reassemble or repair and recover teams for my machines. They will not need a full consciousness like your own, or even as advanced as my VI, but enough to understand how to assemble themselves in groups, I've even organized them by amount and types in these canisters."

He would smile, "I mean think about it. No more threats from damages during weather, war, or other means. Being able to repair and recover used items and necessities to our everyday life, and hopefully...eventually...even being able to heal the wounded."

He would look at Techk, "I know its a long shot, but I'm a man of science, and these are simply obstacles to overcome."

He would frown, "Depending on the nanites purpose I would probably want their subroutine to involve holding position if part of a building, or setting a return point if they are repair nanites."

After explaining Avalon would put his hand on Techk's shoulder, "Well, my hard light tech isn't very effective with low power output. In fact I have to use a lot of juice just to have this holographic hand come into contact with you. But in order to save stress on yourself why don't I show you an algoritm I've been working on."

The hologram would vanish and Dr Avalon would appear on a balcony above Regina and Techk, "One of my greater mathematic accomplishments."

A large holographic wall would appear with text spanning across it, " P(N,t) ; Nc(t) = dNc(t) ; (Ω/Γd) ; tm ∼ tloc ≈ (1/Γd) ; tmix ≈ (Γ2d + E2)/(4 Ω2Γd)".

"This my good friend is a summarization of the quantum theory of trajectories. It should allow you to hook up a hard light holographics to only harden to a solid state at the exact instant something would collide with it, and at the exact position, no matter the variables. Of course you could run a normal hologram on your own and harden it yourself, but I have a secret power supply for my own purposes, and unfortunately it needs to remain that way."

He would jump off the balcony and land beside Regina and Techk, a clink could be heard as his metal feet hit the ground. "So help me with my nanites and I can help you with that shield? I'd hate to get something for nothing after all."

vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Techk thought for a moment, then nodded. "Right, so you want them to basically be able to hold a shape and react to certain input correct? Something sort of like this?" He created a large spiked ball on his hand.

"But I'm assuming for buildings and the like that including some UI software to modify the layout without causing structural instability would be nice. Provides a sense of the home being their own and allows for individuality. Like so." The spiked ball had some spikes grow longer and sharper, others smaller and duller.

"A customize-able colour output would be something interesting as well on large scale." The ball flashed through a rainbow spectrum of colours before settling on a pink and yellow tye-dye.

"Another thing to think of is, what if someone wants to make an add-on the the home? would the nanites of that home be able to support to addition to the hive, or would it be too much to handle? Perhaps a software update bundled with the nanites for the expansion with the latest OS for them would be pertinent." He slapped his hand onto the ball the spikes disappearing where his hand touched, and as he pulled his hand away a square with rounded off edges appeared beneath his hand.

"Finally, for home repairs and so forth from wear & tear or catastrophic damage from a.. Let's just say "confrontation between two or more disagreeing forces of great power" for that, like it says on the insurance forms, a reassembly protocol as well as possibly a beacon to call for replenishment of nanobots to prevent any feeding frenzy malfunctions. Like so." His free hand turned into a positively wicked set of claws and slashed at the ball and cube gouging deep lines in it and slicing a corner completely off of the cube. A few seconds passed and the claw marks closed up and the line around where the cube was sliced began flashing and spouted binary in a quick chirp "Repair required for house expansion #221498248124129. Requesting nanobots to replenish the 17.23523625% that were lost." A flowing snake of nanobots then came out of his arm and slithered to the cube and fit itself perfectly to repair the cube, the lost cube component on the floor melted and melded into his feet. "That last part was to demonstrate damage repair that came from sources that would be able to obliterate the nanites rather than just shift them around. I also slowed the normal damage repair process down so that it was perceptible."

"As for a proper anchor program, I'd suggest a very basic VI, one without learning capabilities and just responds to specific stimuli, I saw a concept for one in the game Mass Effect, and it seemed to work rather well in the game's confines. They don't let me do a lot of experimentation during the night hours at the Academy so I have to keep busy somehow. I picked up a -lot- of hobbies." The weapons his hands became changed back into just his hands. "An included terminal in one section of the structure with a holographic interface of variable size, small for house and large for office buildings where the VI could also serve as a directory."

Techk then smiled at Avalon. "Medical nanobots are what made me what I am today, and I'm currently trying to continue my research, IE: Rebuild it from scratch after i ate all the hard drives during my rebirth, using whatever funds I can get. Some of it is from my work as a professor, some of it is from a mail-order repair business that I run out of my room and sometimes the garage, and some of it is information exchange, and either the facilitation or prevention thereof. Don't worry though, I don't blackmail, extort, or sell out my friends. A fair few governors though have a lot more to hide than you'd think. I'd still be hiring my services out if Professor X hadn't prohibited merc work while on a mission, and I work long hours on merc jobs and I'd rather not have a mission come up and compromise my work by having to cut it short." He did a boxer's stance and punched the air a few times. "The medical nanotechnology field is what I would call my second life's work, if it weren't for that bastard Mandarin interrupting the first time I'd probably be done by now. Leave that stuff to me and I can promise the world will benefit from it. Funding's just slowing me down right now."

A loud click could be heard before a binary spurt. "HDGIA.CR.TAEC." Techk chuckled heartily. "Well that's the framework for the hard light hologram shielding in place, it'll just need some fine tuning on our part. Do you have a terminal I could upload a few of my nanobot configurations to for your to view, edit, and build off of? I figure if anything I could give you a jump start on the consolidation of resources if not the VI to do so."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:57 pm

"Your machinery is astonishing, I'm a little jealous someone could beat me in the nano bot tech race, but still I'm sure I can't be the best at everything."

Dr. Avalon would smile and hold out his hand, "This platform is fine." as the skin on his palm would pull back and a universal port could be seen.

"I'll poke around at your code for the nanites, but since your already on the medical aspect that could save me time. Why don't I help fund you?" the doctor would wave his other hand at a pawn bot.

The bot would come with a briefcase, "I have a large research budget from my work at MIB, so what do you say?"
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Techk smiled and took Avalon's hand in his, and gave him a firm handshake as his nanobots formed a flash drive to plug into the port, uploading a selection of files to Avalon regarding stabilization and groupings of nanobots and how to keep them in a structurally sound position when taking shapes, as well as some blueprint data and executable files for nanobot formations. "I think that would be quite the wonderful gesture of friendship. When you have some working samples of furniture ship them my way and I'll give them a thorough real use test in my room and see what kind of issues may come up while they're off base where instant support isn't available. If they function well enough I may even replace my current furniture wholesale with them, and possibly see about doing the same for students with more destructive powers who accidentally break their furniture quite often."

After uploading everything Techk took a notepad and a pen from his pocket, he usually kept a few non-technical items suspended within his body for when he needs to write something down for someone or the like. Writing a number down quickly on it he ripped the page off and handed it to Regina. "Before I forget, here. My personal cellphone number, give me a call sometime when you have some time off and we'll set up that dinner date." He said to her with a smile.

Turning back to Avalon, he cocked his head to the side. "Say, do you think you could give me a hand calibrating the shield? I just need to borrow a bot with a standard solid projectile gun for a bit. It won't harm me, and I'll be able to calibrate the shielding to work effectively and efficiently with little power usage. I could use a couple pointers on where to go with it as well, I've never had a working hard-light hologram before."

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Regina would look at the number before taking it, "I'll be sure to call you, although next time we should try something even more entertaining!"

Avalon would look at the two, "The hard light field is a energy displacer. Essentially the light you are projecting into the hologram is intensified in wavelength to the point where its particles do not allow anything to pass through. You can probably see why the power usage is so high from this." he would pull out a chip and stick it in the pawn bot with the briefcase, "This unit has a shield installed and the chip is the most recent update for it, however he cant project it long and it is only over his surface area, so you'll have to make tweeks for your nano bots considering how easily your field will need to change. Either way he has the data, a gun, and some money for your medical projects."

"If you have more questions feel free to contact me, or Regina I guess, seeing as you two seem to have hit it off. Oh and don't hesitate to come visit, I'll make sure the bots don't mess with you."

Doctor Avalon would start to walk away, "Unfortunately I have another important matter to attend to now, so Regina will see you out. Try not to get ehr into too much trouble."

Regina would turn to Techk, "Don't mind him too much, he's always working on something. I hear he's working on a high level AI at the moment!" the excitement in her voice was transparent.

She would put her arm under his and begin to walk with him out of the base, "Besides I was wondering, with you and Avalon, I had a scare there when you too shook hands, you must have noticed, unless he's that good at hiding it..."

She would contemplate for a moment, "it's nothing bad of course, but did you notice anything strange about him? Specifically about his power output? I haven't been able to place where he gets all that energy, he's never recharged his platform as long as I've known him, yet I can sense what should be more power than enough to destroy a synthoid of that size."
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Techk laughed. "I doubt I could get her into any real trouble, it's not my style to go picking fights."

He headed off with Regina, shrugging his shoulders as she asked him if he noticed. "I've been running spectral analysis scans from the moment I got in here in case there was anything I could notice off hand that could use some attention so I could point it out or fix it myself for you guys. He's got a massive concentrated energy source on him of unknown origins. I'm assuming he's harnessed it to be able to administer an immense shock or something should he need to. It's certainly something I would do." Techk was interested in the AI but didn't want to pry too much. "Maybe when the AI is operational Avalon will invite me over to have a chat with it to see how it turned out."

"As for the next date, this may seem a little risky for you so you may need a disguise but, would you like to come to my place and I'll cook something up for you? I'll even go full 'Techk' mode and show off a lot of stuff I've been working on. Pretty much for you, you'd be getting dinner and a hell of a show! If you don't want to risk it though we can find somewhere nice to have a fun dinner and maybe catch a movie." He said with a wink.

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Regina would look concerned, "He hasn't shown me where it comes from, but I was sure you may have gotten a shock. I was a little worried."

Regina would smile and hug closer to Techk, "Sounds amazing! I bet I'd love your place. I am interested to see how you'll cook with that taste sensory equipment of yours not working so well." She would laugh remembering about the banana coffee.
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:54 am

Techk looked to her slightly worried. "I live on site at the Academy, you'd be surrounded by mutants who if they recognized you could lead to an ugly situation. I'm just worried you wouldn't want to risk any undue confrontation on a dinner date, I'd be pretty pissed off myself if they tried to attack you while you were my guest. I'm sorry if you feel at all like you can't be yourself while you're there with me. Still though I'd like to show you my place and treat you to a home cooked meal done up the new Daniel Karthan style. Some people wish they had more arms in the kitchen, my wish was granted and they even threw in a blender!"

Techk chuckled then leaned in and whispered in her ear. "Don't you worry about how the food will turn out either, I don't have to use my taste program for making the food just eating it. Unless you're worried that if I kissed you that you'd taste funny, but I can promise whatever the sensor reads me as it'll be wonderful just like you." He then kissed her on the cheek and gave her a slightly shy smile.

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Regina would blush as they walk out of the base, "I'm sure I can handle myself, and worse case scenario I'll just say I was a...mutant was it? If they find out about what I did I'll just say i had some hard times getting to where I am." she would say this in as convincing a voice as she could muster (probably very convincing considering her cha Razz)

As they approached the elevator she would walk on with Techk and push the button, after the door closed she would turn to Techk, "By the way...you missed."

Before Techk could react she would put her hands on his chin and kiss him passionately on the lips.

(Bam! Razz)
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Techk nodded in agreement at her idea. "That should work for the most part, but a telepath could call your bluff rather easily so try not to think about things too much and you should be ok."

Techk was mildly confused by her statement, and was taken aback at Regnina's forwardness. His eyes went wide for a moment then softened as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close kissing her back with equal passion. His voice could be heard even though his mouth was preoccupied. "I didn't miss, I fired a warning shot." He giggled at his joke vocally but otherwise was invested in the kiss.

When the kiss ended, Techk pulled away with a thoroughly amused look on his face. "Strawberries. No after taste. Told you it would be wonderful just like you are." He said with a grin.

When the elevator reached the surface level he took a pen and a pad of paper out of his pocket and wrote his email and cellphone number on the top sheet, before tearing it off and handing it to Regina. "Here, if you ever want to get in contact with me to meet up or just want to talk, these are the best ways to get a hold of me. Think I could get your contact info as well? I do want to invite you to that dinner at my place sometime and it would help if I had that." He gave her a smile and offered her the pad and paper.

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Regina would smile and take the notepad writing her cell number down. Handing it back she would say, "I am the tech freak, but I don't have an email so this'll have to do. The less ways people can track me the better."

She would smile, "That was fun, we have to meet up again."
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Deciltor Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Techk chuckled at her unintentional pun. "A "Techk" freak eh? Maybe I should be concerned with you stalking me, hahaha!" He leaned in close to her and stuck his tongue out at her playfully.

"You know what one of the best things about being me is right now?" He asked as he held up the pad of paper next to his face. "Everything is a pocket!" He said with a chuckle as he pushed the pad into the side of his head before giving her a quick kiss.

He walked a few steps away from Regina before looking over his shoulder and smiling softly. "It was a lot of fun yeah, think you'll be free say Thursday next week? If so, what's your favourite food? I'll cook it up flawlessly just for you!"

He waited until he got her response then shifted to his travelling form of motorcycle with him on top and started off home.

Deciltor

Back to top Go down

Post  vinio2323 Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Regina smiled, "Well I'm quite fond of shellfish, but I'd rather you surprise me."

She would smile and wave as Techk drove off, then reentered the base. She would go see Dr Avalon in his study.

"So...what do you think of him?" Avalon would ask, not hiding his curiosity at all.

"Marvellous! Not only is he an awesome guy, but he's also the most amazing piece of tech I've ever seen!"

Dr Avalon would give her a glare and she would quickly wave her arms in denial realizing what she had just said, "Sorry I forget your completely mechanical too..."

He would turn back to his work, "Well he is impressive, but he does lack a few improvements. Too bad his software is so fragile, I'd hate to mess with it over that many units, even for a basic upgrade."

Regina would peak over his shoulder, "What are you making now anyways doc?"

"The successor to all machines made by man. Probably my greatest creation yet!"

((and thats all u guys get Razz))
vinio2323
vinio2323

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2